The glass top is supported by a wooden frame that folds out in one movement to support the top on four points in addition to the central hinge.
Called The Trestle, the piece was launched at Maison & Objet in Paris last month.
The information that follows is from de Lescure:
What is more efficient to stand a tray? Two trestles or maybe... only one. Only one trestle is enough to stand a tray wich can be round or very long.
Bearing spots guarantee a increased stability. Handling is easy, one move to open, another to fold it and to put away, with an efficient space's benefit. Upper legs are used to lower part as compasses, embed hinges make the pivot.
No waste. Colored plywood underline the obvious drawing in red, or solid oak glorifies the simplicity.
|Trestle table by
- Carrara marble furniture for Marsotto Ed…izioni presented in Milan
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
- Casamania launches La-Dina chair by Luca… Nichetto at Milan design week
- Plakbanterie by Johan Bruninx
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now ava…ilable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Love With You music video by Harald Hara…ldsson
- World's first knitted football boot anno…unced by Adidas
- Paperlove at Design Miami
- Once Upon a Dream by Mathieu Lehanneur f…or Veuve Clicquot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories