The glass top is supported by a wooden frame that folds out in one movement to support the top on four points in addition to the central hinge.
Called The Trestle, the piece was launched at Maison & Objet in Paris last month.
The information that follows is from de Lescure:
What is more efficient to stand a tray? Two trestles or maybe... only one. Only one trestle is enough to stand a tray wich can be round or very long.
Bearing spots guarantee a increased stability. Handling is easy, one move to open, another to fold it and to put away, with an efficient space's benefit. Upper legs are used to lower part as compasses, embed hinges make the pivot.
No waste. Colored plywood underline the obvious drawing in red, or solid oak glorifies the simplicity.
|Trestle table by
- Prima installation by Zaha Hadid for S…warovski at Vitra Campus
- Maarten Baas at Via Voghera 8 in Milan
- Series Two by Another Country
- Moof by Sjoerd Smit for Areaware
- Bearina by Ronen Kadushin
- Smile Makers by Ramblin' Brands
- Formwork by Industrial Facility for He…rman Miller
- Bronze Poly Chair by Max Lamb
- Perles necklace collection by Ronan an…d Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories