It's four weeks to Christmas... so here are some images of a Christmas window display by Dutch designers Tjep. for a department store in Milan, Italy.
Called Clockwork Snow, the installation features a winged heart in the middle of a show window, whilst cogs attached to rods appear to fall like snowflakes around it.
The piece was created for La Rinascente on Milan's Piazza Duomo.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Mechanical gears seem to drop from heaven like icy snowflakes, crystallizing into a magical machine frozen in time. The gears represent our rational world, but here they transcend the purely utilitarian to become a romantic, haunting dream.
Tjep. was invited amongst six other international artists and designers to create a Christmas window for Italy's most famous department store: La Rinascente on Piazza Duomo in Milano.
|Clockwork Love by
|VilaSofa store by
|Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor & Rolf|
- Pieteke Korte creates optical illusions …with leather for Visual Interferences collection
- Take2 by Rolf Sachs
- The Battle of Trafalgar by Jaime Hayón
- Nobody Chair by Komplot
- Dezeen Watch Store: VOID steel bracelet …by David Ericsson for VOID
- Doubleface by Postfossil
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
- Designed in Hackney: East London Furnitu…re
- Apps by Richard Hutten for Artifort
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories