It's four weeks to Christmas... so here are some images of a Christmas window display by Dutch designers Tjep. for a department store in Milan, Italy.
Called Clockwork Snow, the installation features a winged heart in the middle of a show window, whilst cogs attached to rods appear to fall like snowflakes around it.
The piece was created for La Rinascente on Milan's Piazza Duomo.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Mechanical gears seem to drop from heaven like icy snowflakes, crystallizing into a magical machine frozen in time. The gears represent our rational world, but here they transcend the purely utilitarian to become a romantic, haunting dream.
Tjep. was invited amongst six other international artists and designers to create a Christmas window for Italy's most famous department store: La Rinascente on Piazza Duomo in Milano.
|Clockwork Love by
|VilaSofa store by
|Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor & Rolf|
- Zaha Hadid and Hopkins among architects …to design London water fountains
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to f…orm lighting for Another Country
- Hello Wood builds Budapest Christmas tre…e from 5000 pieces of firewood
- Our Little White Sofa by Christian Vivan…co
- Radice Stools by Industrial Facility for… Mattiazzi
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
- Trapezoid watch by Naoto Fukasawa
- Sharing Plug by Dave Hakkens
- Nir Meiri's double-headed 2 Moons lamp m…imics celestial bodies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories