It's four weeks to Christmas... so here are some images of a Christmas window display by Dutch designers Tjep. for a department store in Milan, Italy.
Called Clockwork Snow, the installation features a winged heart in the middle of a show window, whilst cogs attached to rods appear to fall like snowflakes around it.
The piece was created for La Rinascente on Milan's Piazza Duomo.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Mechanical gears seem to drop from heaven like icy snowflakes, crystallizing into a magical machine frozen in time. The gears represent our rational world, but here they transcend the purely utilitarian to become a romantic, haunting dream.
Tjep. was invited amongst six other international artists and designers to create a Christmas window for Italy's most famous department store: La Rinascente on Piazza Duomo in Milano.
|Clockwork Love by
|VilaSofa store by
|Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor & Rolf|
- Styrene by Paul Cocksedge for the Stepne…y Green Design Collection
- Kenyon Yeh's Flue vessels stack inside e…ach other
- dezeen loves... Marc Owens' Receipt Cloc…k
- Floor tiles made of coloured snail poo b…y Lieske Schreuder
- Gubi to launch GamFratesi designs at Pal…azzo Litta in Milan
- Selfridges windows curated by Designersb…lock
- Amanda Levete and Corian at LDF
- Losing Your Marbles by Charlotte Moneype…nny
- Coming soon: driverless trains, planes a…nd automobiles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories