In this short interview we conducted as part of our Food and Design report for luxury kitchen appliances brand Scholtès, Design Academy Eindhoven chairwoman Anne Mieke Eggenkamp presents graduate projects involving food, including this system that uses sand to keep vegetables fresh (above). Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Can't see the movie? Click here
The interview is one of ten we made in Milan earlier this year to accompany the report. See all the interviews here.
|Dezeen's top ten:
- Who's Next by Marco Ripa
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs t…o save water when making tea
- Bioluminescent lamp by ￼Teresa van Don…gen glows blue with octopus bacteria
- Hand Forged by Julien Renault
- BRCK portable internet router by Ushahid…i "designed to work anywhere"
- Woven Furniture by AndreyAndShay
- Joyrider by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Funnel Vase by Roger Arquer
- Peter Boutakis' Helix bicycle folds down… to the size of a wheel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories