The undulating structure sits in the centre of the OAK bar and provides a canopy over the space.
It's made from strips of veneered plywood that slot into one another.
Perforated wooden vaults frame the entrance into the café-bar.
Photographs are by Alice Clancy.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the architects:
Dublin Airport Landside bar.OAK
The landside bar and cafe in the new terminal at Dublin airport is a n 84mm oak veneered plywood deformed grid shell as a baldacchino over bar and server.
It stands on three stainless steel shoes on the limestone terrace and suspend a murano glass at the limestone stone bar.
The snug is excavated as a series of parallel vaults with service strips between.
These oak veneered vaults are slot perforated to achieve a smoke reservoir.
|Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association||Labyrinth of Woods by
- N10 Sports Facility by Comoco Architects
- Viva Store by Roca + Paz
- Corian Loves Missoni
- Vertical Loft by Shift
- Guerilla Boxing by Sabrina Meyer and Max… Wittkopp
- Reiss flagship store by Universal Design… Studio
- ROC Apeldoorn reception area by Tjep.
- Nendo fills Camper's Stockholm store wit…h paper-thin spirals
- Apartment in Paris by Pascal Grasso Arch…itectures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories