The undulating structure sits in the centre of the OAK bar and provides a canopy over the space.
It's made from strips of veneered plywood that slot into one another.
Perforated wooden vaults frame the entrance into the café-bar.
Photographs are by Alice Clancy.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the architects:
Dublin Airport Landside bar.OAK
The landside bar and cafe in the new terminal at Dublin airport is a n 84mm oak veneered plywood deformed grid shell as a baldacchino over bar and server.
It stands on three stainless steel shoes on the limestone terrace and suspend a murano glass at the limestone stone bar.
The snug is excavated as a series of parallel vaults with service strips between.
These oak veneered vaults are slot perforated to achieve a smoke reservoir.
|Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association||Labyrinth of Woods by
- Granny.F by Hiroyuki Miyake
- Torafu Architects uses Japanese cedar co…lumns for fifth Aesop shop interior
- Bakery in Porto by Paulo Merlini
- RGB by Carnovsky
- Godiva Chocoiste by Wonderwall
- Campaign adds opulent gold and marble to… 3.1 Phillip Lim New York flagship store
- Halsuit by Nendo
- Container Ground at Tokyo Designers Week
- Multi-level wooden structure frames meet…ing areas in London office by Threefold Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories