The undulating structure sits in the centre of the OAK bar and provides a canopy over the space.
It's made from strips of veneered plywood that slot into one another.
Perforated wooden vaults frame the entrance into the café-bar.
Photographs are by Alice Clancy.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the architects:
Dublin Airport Landside bar.OAK
The landside bar and cafe in the new terminal at Dublin airport is a n 84mm oak veneered plywood deformed grid shell as a baldacchino over bar and server.
It stands on three stainless steel shoes on the limestone terrace and suspend a murano glass at the limestone stone bar.
The snug is excavated as a series of parallel vaults with service strips between.
These oak veneered vaults are slot perforated to achieve a smoke reservoir.
|Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association||Labyrinth of Woods by
- Alexis by Martin Jančok and Aleš Še…divec
- Design Methods fills Seoul hotel with …open-source furniture
- Mizu spa by Stanley Saitowitz
- Ace Hotel opens latest branch in downt…own Los Angeles
- Albert Reichmuth Wine Store by OOS
- Qantas First Lounges by Marc Newson
- Red Town Office by Taranta Creations
- WUHAO @ The Teahouse
- Draughtsman's Arms by Gundry & Ducker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories