The undulating structure sits in the centre of the OAK bar and provides a canopy over the space.
It's made from strips of veneered plywood that slot into one another.
Perforated wooden vaults frame the entrance into the café-bar.
Photographs are by Alice Clancy.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the architects:
Dublin Airport Landside bar.OAK
The landside bar and cafe in the new terminal at Dublin airport is a n 84mm oak veneered plywood deformed grid shell as a baldacchino over bar and server.
It stands on three stainless steel shoes on the limestone terrace and suspend a murano glass at the limestone stone bar.
The snug is excavated as a series of parallel vaults with service strips between.
These oak veneered vaults are slot perforated to achieve a smoke reservoir.
|Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association||Labyrinth of Woods by
- Iceberg by Wouter Biegelaar at Icehotel
- Inside awards: Ilse Crawford
- Alexander Fehre designs industrial-style… office for a German conveyor-belt manufacturer
- Arroios Apartment by Tiago Filipe Santos
- SoleRebels by Dom Arquitectura and Asa S…tudio
- A shop in a church by Merkx + Girod Arch…itecten
- Lisbon apartment extended by Camarim Arq…uitectos to include an attic steam room
- Alexis by Martin Jančok and Aleš Šedi…vec
- AOC combines a reading room with a galle…ry for London's Wellcome Collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories