The undulating structure sits in the centre of the OAK bar and provides a canopy over the space.
It's made from strips of veneered plywood that slot into one another.
Perforated wooden vaults frame the entrance into the café-bar.
Photographs are by Alice Clancy.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the architects:
Dublin Airport Landside bar.OAK
The landside bar and cafe in the new terminal at Dublin airport is a n 84mm oak veneered plywood deformed grid shell as a baldacchino over bar and server.
It stands on three stainless steel shoes on the limestone terrace and suspend a murano glass at the limestone stone bar.
The snug is excavated as a series of parallel vaults with service strips between.
These oak veneered vaults are slot perforated to achieve a smoke reservoir.
|Swoosh Pavilion at the Architectural Association||Labyrinth of Woods by
- Coso Cafè in Palermo
- Apartment+LIM by Isolation Unit
- Nature Intérieure by Matali Crasset
- Inside awards: Paul Priestman on hotel d…esign
- New Ingo Maurer showroom
- New Designers awards 2008
- Lianes, Roches, Conques by Ronan & Erwan… Bouroullec at Galerie Kreo
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Oficina Caja de Arquitectos by Carlos Pe…reda Iglesias and Óscar Pérez Silanes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories