Dezeen Watch Store: Gravity - the first design by Hong Kong watch brand Ziiiro - is now available from Dezeen Watch Store. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Without typical hands or markings, the Gravity watch uses two rings that resemble rotating comets to indicate the time.
The fatter, inner ring marks the hours while the narrower outer ring shows the minutes.
The rubber strap does not have a fastener but instead wraps around the wearer’s wrist. It can be made tighter or looser by bending the strap’s stainless steel core.
The design comes in blue, green, magenta, white, or black with red and the faces can be interchanged with any of Ziiiro's silicone strap watches.
Dezeen Watch Store is a carefully curated store specialising in watches by named designers and boutique brands.
Here's a little text from Ziiiro:
The concept of the first ZIIIRO Watch is a clock face without hands or markings, but a constantly changing pattern of rings indicating the passing of time.
The main theme is minimalism, so there are no distracting elements in the design, and after a short time you will acquire a feel for reading the time.
If you want an uncommon and beautiful clock on your wrist, this is the watch for you! Since March 2010, ZIIIRO has become a brand with the goal of making unique and stylish wrist watches.
- Arc table by Foster + Partners for Molte…ni&C
- Making the Bocci 28 series chandelier
- The Wind by Issey Miyake with James Dyso…n
- Project001 Masked Creature by Stickyline
- Stefan Borselius develops Tondo chair in…to sofa system for Fogia
- Very Specific cutlery by Lee Ben David d…esigned for specific foods
- Imaginary Architectures by El Ultimo Gri…to
- Philippe Malouin installs swing set insi…de grand Milanese palazzo
- Theatre box-shaped shelves by Cecilie Ma…nz feature in Iittala's latest collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories