Dezeen Watch Store: Gravity - the first design by Hong Kong watch brand Ziiiro - is now available from Dezeen Watch Store. Update: this project is included in Dezeen Book of Ideas, which is on sale now for £12.
Without typical hands or markings, the Gravity watch uses two rings that resemble rotating comets to indicate the time.
The fatter, inner ring marks the hours while the narrower outer ring shows the minutes.
The rubber strap does not have a fastener but instead wraps around the wearer’s wrist. It can be made tighter or looser by bending the strap’s stainless steel core.
The design comes in blue, green, magenta, white, or black with red and the faces can be interchanged with any of Ziiiro's silicone strap watches.
Dezeen Watch Store is a carefully curated store specialising in watches by named designers and boutique brands.
Here's a little text from Ziiiro:
The concept of the first ZIIIRO Watch is a clock face without hands or markings, but a constantly changing pattern of rings indicating the passing of time.
The main theme is minimalism, so there are no distracting elements in the design, and after a short time you will acquire a feel for reading the time.
If you want an uncommon and beautiful clock on your wrist, this is the watch for you! Since March 2010, ZIIIRO has become a brand with the goal of making unique and stylish wrist watches.
- Booth-generator by students from Trier U…niversity of Applied Science
- Glassware by Peter Zumthor for Alessi
- M-Collection by Niels van Eijk and Miria…m van der Lubbe
- Camper store Paris by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec (more images)
- Change! by BCXSY
- SCP at Maison & Objet
- Furniture that looks like line drawings …by Jinil Park
- Ashley Heather reclaims precious metal f…rom circuit boards to create jewellery
- Waterfalls flow over catwalk at Hunter f…ashion show
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories