Dezeenwire: Jaime Hayon, Neville Brody and Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs are among speakers at the DesignBoost - Telefonplan conference taking place from 9 - 11 February at Designens Hus at Telefonplan in Stockholm.
The theme "Design Beyond Design", will focus on the changing role of designers and how design can make a positive impact. The talks take place as part of Stockholm Design Week. More information about the talks and the full ist of speakers follow.
DesignBoost - Telefonplan
The theme for DesignBoost - Telefonplan is "Design Beyond Design". Our world and our society are changing rapidly, which also means a changing role for design and the designer. How can we with open-minded thinking and imagination put design in a human context and work on maximising positive impact on all levels? When it comes to ”Design Beyond Design” there are probably many things that needs to be questioned, left could very well be right. The objective of DesignBoost - Telefonplan is to make everybody question, reach awareness and think in new paths.
DesignBoost – Telefonplan is a joint venture between knowledge company Designboost, City of Stockholm, Vasakronan and Konstfack – University College of Arts, Crafts and Design. It takes place 9-11 February at Telefonplan in the southernmost part of Stockholm, Sweden. Telefonplan is in a transformation from a former industrial area into a hub for the creative industries in Sweden.
The theme for the lectures on February 10 is “Design Beyond Design”. The speakers list looks like this:
- Jaime Hayon – Designer
- Jennifer Leonard – Design Leader, IDEO
- Neville Brody – Designer, typographer, art director and brand strategist
- Jenny B. Osuldsen – Landscape architect and partner at Snøhetta
- Marcus Fairs – Publisher of Dezeen
- Anne Mieke Eggenkamp – Chairwoman at Design Academy Eindhoven
- Ted Persson – Chief creative officer at Greatworks
- Stefan Ytterborn – CEO and founder POC
- Lia Ghilardi – CEO Noema Research and Planning
- Brent Richards – CEO and Creative Director of The Design Embassy Europe
- Per Cromwell – CEO Studio Total
- Lisa White – Head of Interiors at WGSN/HomeBuildLife
- Sante Poromaa – Zen Buddhist master
- Frida Jeppsson – Design critic and curator
- Johan Ronnestam – Creative Director, entrepreneur and professional speaker
On February 11 the lectures will concern the changing role of media and the future of the book. The speakers list looks like this:
- Lasse Winkler – editor-in-chief Svensk Bokhandel
- Peter Wilcke – head of the publishing house Norstedts
- Anders Ekberg – CEO Fälth & Hässler
- Nina Ulmaja – design manager Bonnier
- Henrik Nygren – art director
- Jeppe Wikström – publisher Max Ström
- Marie Arvinius – head of the publishing house Arvinius
- Staffan Bengtsson – journalist and writer
- Elisabeth Björkbom – designer
Both days are open for public. No pre-registration of tickets needed. Map to Designens hus at Telefonplan.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories