Called SP-7 Dining Table, the design is made of 12mm steel wire and a glass top.
The pair showed a coffee table version of the design last year (above and below).
imm cologne took place 18-23 January. See all our coverage of the event here »
The information that follows is from Schwab/Panther:
Schwab/Panther showed their new product SP-7 dining table at the furniture fair 2011 on the [D3] Contest booth, which was curated by the German Design Counsel.
SP-7 lounge table
The four piece bent-wire frame of SP-7 coffee table is held together by tension and pressure only. Therefore the possibility of combining different coloured pieces is given as well as free choice of covers for the table.
The same concept is used for the SP-7 dining table. It has 5 pieces and is bent in 12mm steel wire.
The frame is CNC-bent, weight is 3.5 kg (coffee table), 7kg for the dining table. The finish will be a polyamide coating.
|Arc table by
Foster + Partners
- Refurbeasts project aims to rehabilita…te "taboo" fur coats
- Ineke Hans' Drawer Table offers storag…e for slender items
- Alexander Wang designs furniture range… for Poltrona Frau
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "p…rovocative ideas" for future travel
- Coat Hanger by Naruse Inokuma Architec…ts
- Design world heads for Miami
- So-So Chairs by Jean Nouvel for Emeco
- Cork corner stops Ilias Ernst's minima…l clock from rolling away
- London 2012 Olympic street art by Bank…sy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories