Dezeen promotion: Thailand International Furniture Fair 2011 takes place 16-20 March 2011 in Bangkok.
This year's theme is entitled Finding Green Piece, and focusses on sustainable design from Thai designers and companies.
The show takes place at Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre.
Open to trade: 16-18 March 2011 (10:00 – 18:00)
Open to the public: 19-20 March 2011 (10:00 – 21:00)
Here are some more details from the organisers:
THAILAND INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE FAIR 2011
Finding Green Piece
Discover Creative and Sustainable Design Showcase in Thailand
TIFF 2011 is a green-oriented furniture fair that gather the cream of Thailand’s designers in one convenient place. Experience the diversity and creativity of Thai designers as they unveil the newest collections while exploring a host of other eye-catching, yet functional furniture. Take advantage of this opportunity to easily network with manufacturers, exporters and other influential players in the Thai furniture industry at this annual gathering. In addition, many other interesting events will be premiered exclusively at the fair, so be sure to participate and expand your horizon. Many designers and businesspeople from around the world have furthered the success of their businesses while falling in love with Thailand’s unique design characteristics for years; we hope to provide the same business opportunity again at TIFF 2011.
- Exciting new ideas in environmentally conscious design
- New furniture collections made from a wide variety of new materials
- Unrivaled quality furniture made by Thai craftsmanship
- Discover new business partners with drive, passion and potential
A variety of interesting activities
Take the opportunity to explore new design perspectives and concepts through many activities and exhibitions in the fair. Discover many new products with exciting potential at the following:
- Waste to Wealth, a pioneering Thai project that explores the possibilities of transforming industrial byproducts into outstanding pieces of furniture
- Design Camp, an exhibition of up-and-coming Thai designers from nine prestigious design institutions across Thailand under the concept “Smart Furniture in the Small Living Space”
- T-Style Project, an exhibition of Thai display furniture by renowned Japanese designer Mr. Toshiyuki Kita
Explore TIFF 2011 - then go on to the rest of Asia
TIFF 2011 exhibition dates are intentionally set to coincide with Furniture Fairs in other Asian countries. It streamlines your itinerary and saves you time and expenses while enabling you to see Asia’s unique design philosophy in one outing. See you in March!
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories