Alongside the Hippo chair Gammelgaard launched a matching three-legged table named Potamus.
Blå Station ran a competition to design leg warmers for the chair, voted for by visitors to their stand at the fair.
Linnéa Regnlund's winning leg-warmer design is shown in the image above.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February. See all our coverage of the event »
Here's some more information from Blå Station:
Hippo & Potamus
Design: Mia Gammelgaard 2O1O A new friend in wood. Rounded lines that are friendly and welcoming, Hippo, is a wooden chair that takes the distinctive lines of a traditional Swedish stick-back chair and adds a generous helping of light- hearted modernity.
Hippo balances between the graceful poise of a ballerina and the strength and stability of a hippopotamus.
It was first shown at the Danish Cabinetmakers’ Autumn Exhibition, “White-Out” in Copenhagen on 29 October 2010.
The table Potamus, is presented for the first time at Stockholm Furniture Fair 2011.
The table is the perfect partner for Hippo chair and can be used in, for example, cafés or restaurant settings.
|Sealed Chair by
|Österlen by Inga Sempé
|All our stories on Stockholm Furniture Fair 2011|
- B-side by Hussein Chalayan at Spring Pro…jects
- Escale Numérique by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Furniture II by Atelier Van Lieshout at …Carpenters Workshop Gallery
- "The internet has escaped out into the s…treet" - James Bridle at Designed in Hackney Day
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- Benedetto Bufalino transforms a former a…partment into a tennis court
- Little Disk Program by Industrial Facili…ty
- Building Tilelamp at Casa do Lado by 20.…87
- "I wanted to capture the beauty of 1950s… engineering" – Michael Young
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories