The collection features candle holders cast in brass, bronze or aluminium made to hold tea lights and pillar candles side by side.
All the pieces, including a range of metal cabinets, were produced in the Rosengrens brass foundry just outside Malmö, Sweden.
Stockholm Design Week took place 7-13 February. See all our coverage of the event here »
Here's some more information from the designers:
Handmade Mass Production by Folkform
Stockholm-based art and design duo Folkform were invited to create an exclusive collection for fashion brand Whyred.
The duo describes the new work as a celebration of old industrial processes and traditional manufacturing techniques.
This exhibition will show limited edition pieces, including lighting, in brass and bronze as well as a new collection of cabinets.
For their new collection Folkform collaborated with Rosengrens, a brass foundry in Limhamn, situated about 5 kilometers outside of Malmö on the south coast of Sweden. Folkform is committed to working with local manufacturers.
They want their products to reflect the spirit and history of the place they were produced. How the product was made, and by whom is key to the narrative of the piece; it is from this that they develop a product’s aesthetic.
The new collection is available in brass, bronze and aluminium. Each piece comprises a candelabra, simple tea lights, pillar candles and hand-crafted votives to create a landscape of candle typologies.
|Hanukkah menorah by
|Ventura Lambrate exhibition space winners||Hidden Layers by
- Global Edition by Bernhardt Design and D…anerka
- Tokyo Designers Week interview: Tom Dixo…n
- Claesson Koivisto Rune designs giant con…ical pendant lamps for Wästberg
- Gigi Barker's skin-covered seats are inf…used with bodily scents
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
- Wave Cabinet by Sebastian Errazuriz open…s "like a paper fan"
- Take Time by Mathieu Lehanneur at Dezeen… Watch Store
- Flux bicycle kit by Offer Canfi wireless…ly charges electronic devices
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories