One half of the Grand sofa's seat is much deeper than the other.
The sofa comes in a left hand, right hand and straight version plus a footstool.
Stockholm Furniture Fair took place 8-12 February 2011. See all our coverage of the event »
The following information is from Offecct:
Inviting freedom – the Grand Sofa by Monica Förster
OFFECCT launches the Grand sofa designed by Monica Förster. When Monica Förster commenced the work to develop a sofa for OFFECCT the initial idea was to create a piece that conveyed the feeling of something improvised and sketched. The first ideas were transferred to a scale model where Förster worked intensively to create a shape that conveyed a sense of freedom.
Thereafter OFFECCT’s product development department took over and translated it into a model at full scale. Monica Förster worked closely with OFFECCT to develop details, proportions and relations between volume and surface.
”OFFECCT’s first prototype captured the idea of the couch very well, and it has been a rewarding project that resulted in Grand, a sofa that is characterized by softness and asymmetry, creating an inviting sense of freedom” says Monica Förster.
Grand is a large and generous sofa. Grand comes in a right, a left and a straight version with an accompanying footstool and an optional divan.
|Entailles by Philippe Nigro
for Ligne Roset
|Crown by Chris Martin
- Christian Boer designs typeface for read…ers with dyslexia
- Mindcraft by Danish Crafts
- Robert Stadler drapes furniture in patte…rned "invisibility cloaks" for MAK museum installation
- Movie: Campana Brothers at GlassLab
- Deque by Sieger Design for Dornbracht
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Gareth …Pugh
- Design is Dead Pencil by Studiolav
- Dezeen Watch Store: get £50 off VOID V0…1 LED watch
- Breathing wall 2.0 by Behnaz Farahi is c…ontrolled by hand gestures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories