Fashion designer Julia Krantz of Sweden has created this costume for a fictional guerrilla protestor.
Called Whiteness, the project mixes fashion, photography and graphic design to create a series of images centred on a figure protected by loops of armour.
See also: Shell by Julia Krantz
Photography and styling is by Garri Frischer.
The information that follows is from Krantz:
Using elements of fashion, photography and graphic design, Whiteness celebrates magnificent people in times of popular uprisings and digital revolution. Our view on power and information has changed while true greatness still lies in the hands of man's courage and inner longings.
The guerrilla acts out of will power, not social convention and is therefore always wide awake. She is her absolute greatest and most luminous self.
A shemagh is tied in eight steps. Whiteness is some people's ability to, despite their vulnerability follow their own path.
|Shell by Julia
|Crystallization by Iris
|In No Time by Sandra
- Melvin the Mini Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Total Trattoria by Martino Gamper
- Olympic Logo a Day by Sarah Hyndman
- Trufa by Anton García-Abril
- Integrating programming and design will …"totally change the world"
- Flame by Tom Dixon 2
- Movie: The Self-Assembly Line by Skylar …Tibbits and Arthur Olson
- LoveThisChair by Huibert van Muilwijk fo…r Made by Midas
- Vivienne Westwood launches Virgin Atlant…ic uniforms
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories