Called Piana, the chair is manufactured from 100% recycled polypropylene and rotates around a single point held by two screws.
It is available in six colours: white, raspberry red, saffron yellow, patina green, traffic black and pebble grey.
The information below is from Alessi:
Alessi will be presenting a new project designed by British architect David Chipperfield.
The "Piana" chair is a totally unique new product for Alessi, and is a new folding and stackable chair produced under license with Parma based company Lamm.
The display, also conceived by Chipperfield, will turn the new space on Via Manzoni, into a vibrant showcase of quality Italian design.
|Hellraiser by Karim Rashid
|Communicator by Martí Guixé
|Neko by Sanaa
- Ingo Maurer with Ron Arad
- Bulb by Minimalux
- Iris van Herpen creates dresses from c…ircles of lustrous metal gauze
- Troels Flensted uses flecked resin sur…faces as tabletops
- Iranzo, Rittler and Kesting create coc…oon-like "cloud" installation
- Hand-drawn animated music video by Ros…anna Wan for Tom Rosenthal
- Sparkling Chair by Marcel Wanders for …Magis
- Disney Research unveils technique to 3…D print any object as a speaker
- One Thousand Cranes for Japan by Anoma…ly and Unit9
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories