Dezeen Watch Store: the Record watch, one of the last projects worked on by Italian architect and designer Achille Castiglioni (1918-2002), is now available at Dezeen Watch Store.
Created in 2000, it is regarded as a design classic and is one of Italian brand Alessi's best-selling watches.
The dial, with its large, playful numbers, was designed by Max Hubert, a Swiss designer and friend of Castiglioni's.
Record has a stainless steel case which is entirely removable from its black or red leather strap.
Dezeen Watch Store is a carefully curated online store specialising in watches by named designers and boutique brands.
Here are some more details from Alessi:
Achille Castiglioni wanted to create an easy to read, yet humorous watch. The case, made of stainless steel, can be removed entirely from the band. The dial art work was designed by his friend, Swiss graphic designer Max Huber. The watch is available with leather bands.
Born in Milan in 1918, he died in 2002. He started work as an architect and designer with his brother Livio and Pier Giacomo in 1938. One of the great masters of Italian design, he was a founding member of ADI in the fifties.
The long list of awards he received includes eight Compasso d’Oro. His activity as a designer was an unmistakable blend of simplicity, irony and fun. The series of watches Alessi was designed in collaboration with his friend, Swiss graphic designer Max Huber.
- All Lovely Stuff at The Temporium
- Charline Ronzon-Jaricot designs glass ap…paratus to capture olfactory memories
- Butterfly table by based upon
- "Technology is going to turn the entire …fashion industry inside out"
- Anne van Galen designs fashion accessori…es for a "world with endless rainfall"
- Dandilight by Benjamin Hubert
- Kiwa bench by Hyung Suk Cho
- Jaime Hayón for Villa Moda in Dubai
- Is This the Coolest Chair Ever Made? by …Charlie Davidson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories