Called Rememberme, the chair is made by crumpling and squashing the clothes into a mould and setting them in resin.
The follow is from the Casamania:
Rememberme Chair Design: Tobias Juretzek Casamania, 2011
The race towards the future and the desire to keep the past alive coexist in Rememberme.
A chair that embodies the current focus on sustainability and recycling (Rememberme is entirely made from old jeans). Remberme gives new life to objects which are unconscious memory capsules.
The beginning of a project with infinite space for development and customization.
Materials and finishes: jeans
- Pentaphone by Robert Stadler
- Discipline's 2014 collection includes an… apple-shaped desk tidy
- Dieter Rams at Moss in Los Angeles
- Black Widow by Gisele Ganne
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Touch! Touch! Nothing will Happen by L…uzinterruptus
- Ron Arad: "The Rover chair sucked me int…o the world of design"
- In No Time by Sandra Backlund
- Brick-shaped vase by Paul Menand holds f…lowers in two ways
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories