Called Rememberme, the chair is made by crumpling and squashing the clothes into a mould and setting them in resin.
The follow is from the Casamania:
Rememberme Chair Design: Tobias Juretzek Casamania, 2011
The race towards the future and the desire to keep the past alive coexist in Rememberme.
A chair that embodies the current focus on sustainability and recycling (Rememberme is entirely made from old jeans). Remberme gives new life to objects which are unconscious memory capsules.
The beginning of a project with infinite space for development and customization.
Materials and finishes: jeans
- A Million Times by Humans Since 1982
- Trestle by TAF
- Colored-pencil table by Nendo
- Marcel Wanders launches Crochet Chair
- Dezeen Watch Store: MY03 Hacker availabl…e in three new colours
- In Good Hands by Bruketa&Žinić
- Ads with a New Purpose by Ogilvy & Mathe…r for IBM
- "Immersive virtual world" by Gareth Pugh… and Inition installed at Selfridges
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories