Called Rememberme, the chair is made by crumpling and squashing the clothes into a mould and setting them in resin.
The follow is from the Casamania:
Rememberme Chair Design: Tobias Juretzek Casamania, 2011
The race towards the future and the desire to keep the past alive coexist in Rememberme.
A chair that embodies the current focus on sustainability and recycling (Rememberme is entirely made from old jeans). Remberme gives new life to objects which are unconscious memory capsules.
The beginning of a project with infinite space for development and customization.
Materials and finishes: jeans
- Ineke Hans for Cappellini 2
- Dezeen archive: digital fashion
- 2013 was "a year of seminal women design…ers" says Design Miami director
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Jan Rose
- The Bone Project by Andrew Ross
- Grão by Pedrita
- A New Bus for London by Matthew Heywood
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories