Called Rememberme, the chair is made by crumpling and squashing the clothes into a mould and setting them in resin.
The follow is from the Casamania:
Rememberme Chair Design: Tobias Juretzek Casamania, 2011
The race towards the future and the desire to keep the past alive coexist in Rememberme.
A chair that embodies the current focus on sustainability and recycling (Rememberme is entirely made from old jeans). Remberme gives new life to objects which are unconscious memory capsules.
The beginning of a project with infinite space for development and customization.
Materials and finishes: jeans
- Minimal sculptural items by Shigeichiro …Takeuchi
- Luminaire and Salvatori
- Field of Light by Bruce Munro
- B&B relaunch Bellini’s Le Bambole chai…r
- Tiffany Flowers by Ding3000
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- Seating Stones by UNStudio
- GRUPPE creates pastel-coloured totems to… signpost Clerkenwell Design Week
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories