Milan 2011: Bozen based designer Simone Simonelli has designed this folding chair from timber rods.
Called Mossa, the chair is constructed from 14 timber poles with a curved timber seat.
The chair won the Honorable Mention Prize at Promosedia 2010, the awards for which were presented in Milan earlier this month.
The following is from the designer:
Mossa Chair wins Honorable Mention at Promosedia International Award 2010
Words from the jury:
"A fresh spin on a classic concept, a new interpretation and style in a contemporary sense: this is Mossa, an agile, accessible and functional seat - thanks to the evergreen versatility of folding chairs - which at the same time expresses its young and lively character thanks to its wide range of colours."
- Bertus by Alain Monnens
- Greenland's first product designer trigg…ers "explosion of new designers" in her homeland
- Matilda Beckman makes furniture out of "…really gross" dust
- Sharing Plug by Dave Hakkens
- Polska Folk at Tent London
- Tender Tub by Maren Hartveld
- Herb by Nick Fraser
- Bacteria produces textiles for Skin body… adornments by Sammy Jobbins Wells
- Water Table Object by Heng Zhi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories