Milan 2011: Bozen based designer Simone Simonelli has designed this folding chair from timber rods.
Called Mossa, the chair is constructed from 14 timber poles with a curved timber seat.
The chair won the Honorable Mention Prize at Promosedia 2010, the awards for which were presented in Milan earlier this month.
The following is from the designer:
Mossa Chair wins Honorable Mention at Promosedia International Award 2010
Words from the jury:
"A fresh spin on a classic concept, a new interpretation and style in a contemporary sense: this is Mossa, an agile, accessible and functional seat - thanks to the evergreen versatility of folding chairs - which at the same time expresses its young and lively character thanks to its wide range of colours."
- The Aesthetic of Fears by Dorry Hsu
- QR code island by C.A.N
- Clinker by Rich Brilliant Willing for In…nermost
- Packaging Lamp by David Gardener
- Nola colour-mixing lamps by Studio Drift… at Eat Drink Design
- Wald aus Wald by Takashi Kuribayashi
- Landscape daybed by Outofstock
- Joe Doucet designs flat-pack marble furn…iture for New York's Cooper-Hewitt museum
- ATREEM by Nitipak Samsen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories