Dezeen Watch Store: Aurora, one of two new designs by Hong-Kong brand Ziiiro, tells time with colour and is now available at Dezeen Watch Store.
Two transparent colour-gradient disks, one blue and one yellow, represent the watch hands.
The blue disk represents the hour and yellow the minutes, and the overlapping of the two creates a green gradient.
Aurora has a stainless steel core inside its silicone strap, which wraps around the wearer's wrist and comes in white and grey. The face can be removed and interchanged with any of the silicone straps in Ziiiro's range.
Here's some text from Ziiiro:
The Aurora displays time using two transparent gradient discs, blue color representing the hour and yellow displaying the minute. By overlapping both gradients, it creates a new array of green color that will catch attention whether at the beach or going out on a date. Resting on a bracelet strap, it combines silicone and metal to form a flexible bracelet watch. This model is fully interchangeable with other watches in the rubber bracelet series. ZIIIRO Aurora comes in two colors of white and grey.
- Kohei Nawa's Foam installation created a… cloud-like landscape of soapy bubbles
- Norbert Wangen for Boffi
- IDEO envisions a future where self-drivi…ng workplaces commute to you
- dezeen loves... Peter Callesen's papercu…ts
- Hövding by Anna Haupt and Terese Alsti…n
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- Dutch design stamps issued
- Trio stool by Mile
- Logo Chairs by Richard Woods and Sebasti…an Wrong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories