Dezeen Watch Store: the VOID V02 watch by Hong Kong designer David Ericsson is back in stock in brushed stainless steel at Dezeen Watch Store.
This striking watch features a speedometer-style dial set in a chunky, rectangular stainless steel case and a display that shows only half the traditional circular watch face.
To compensate, the hour and minute hands are double-ended, each having one red tip and one white tip that correspond to red and white numerals on the display.
Dezeen Watch Store is a carefully curated online store specialising in watches by named designers and boutique brands.
Here are some more details from VOID:
VOID Watches is a new, independent boutique watch brand launched in 2008 as the single vision of Swedish designer David Ericsson. VOID Watches has a unique take on watch design using simple yet expressive shapes, giving our watches an almost architectural expression. Just like a great building is designed to fit its environment, all VOID Watches are made to sit perfectly on your wrist.
The design draws heavily on the Scandinavian design tradition using simple geometries and materials often found in architecture. The solid stainless steel case comes in four different colors/surfaces (black, brushed, polished and gold), the watch has a mineral glass crystal and the strap is made of genuine leather. The main objective has been to create a unique product using as simple geometries as possible and bring them to life by using honest, traditional materials. The movement is made in Japan.
VOID – In astronomy, voids are the empty spaces between filaments, the largest-scale structures in the Universe, that contain very few, or no, galaxies. Voids typically have a diameter of 40 to 500 million light years.
VOID Watches is a fully owned sub brand of VOID International LTD and is registered in Hong Kong.
- 3D-woven fabric creates organically shap…ed lamps that glow in the dark
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick - more …images
- Audience by rAndom International
- Karimoku New Standard's wooden chairs st…ack like supermarket trolleys
- "It's nice to make a modernist table in …an old artisanal way" - Hugo Passos
- Wouldn't it be nice... at Somerset House
- "Wires will disappear" as lighting goes …cordless, say Starck and Gandini
- SCP 2011 Collection at Maison&Objet 2011
- Eco-friendly phone for Nokia by Daizi Zh…eng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories