The stool's three hinged legs fit perfectly into a y-shaped hole in the seat, locking them into place.
This fit tightens when weight is added to the top, increasing the stool's stability.
The following text is provided by the designer:
An occasional stool that folds away neatly and easily with minimal components.
It folds away by picking up one side of the seat. Gravity, along with the angles used, enables the stool to fold out when put back down. The angle on top of the legs has been designed to add maximum strength. As weight is placed on the seat it pinches the top of the legs together creating a stronger join, the heavier the load the stronger the stool.
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- Opera by Axel Enthoven
- Father's Day gifts at Dezeen Watch Store
- Copy by Kueng Caputo
- Designed in Hackney: Resort 2012 by Chri…stopher Kane
- Karimoku New Standard at ErastudioApartm…ent Gallery
- Hlutagerðin recreates ancient Icelandic… armour for tea cosy and tablet case
- Askur Picnic Basket by FærID
- Escritoire Trestle by Ett la Benn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories