Created for Italian brand Lorenz, Iconograph features twelve windows cut into the watch face to reveal numbers printed beneath.
It has a round, polished stainless steel case and soft silicone strap.
See the watch at our Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at 55 Neal Street in London until 16 July.
The drawings shown were produced by Aisslinger during the design phase of the watch.
Here's some text from the designer:
ICONOGRAPH LORENZ / DESIGN WERNER AISSLINGER
The design of "iconograph" is based on the classic round watch body with clear fluent organic lines of the case and the accentuation of the spherical dial with the outstanding and characteristic windows for the 12 numbers.
The various colour combinations of the case the dial and numbers give the overall minimalistic and classic design a personal touch and generate an outstanding design fusion of a timepiece.
The inspiration for "iconograph" came from a personal dream and vision about my definitive wristwatch: easy and daily - high-tech and well engineered - round and classic but at the same time unseen and progressive - inspiring textures and colour combinations with friendliness and casual appearance - poetry and minimalism with a long visual half-life period - a watch with a quality rather for your life than for a moment...
"iconograph" from Lorenz is designed to be a friendly compagnion for your life!
design werner aisslinger 2011
- Les Astronautes fills Quebec passagewa…y with swimming pool toys
- Bearina by Ronen Kadushin
- Suited Case by Erik De Nijs
- Matthew Hilton's new collection
- Mobile Gastfreundschaft by Kollectiv S…tadtpark
- Yeh Wall Table by Kenyon Yeh goes into… production
- Mondaine Evo Quartz now in at Dezeen W…atch Store
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes st…and to nestle into awkward spaces
- Furniture Neighborhood by Tjep.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories