Created for Italian brand Lorenz, Iconograph features twelve windows cut into the watch face to reveal numbers printed beneath.
It has a round, polished stainless steel case and soft silicone strap.
See the watch at our Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at 55 Neal Street in London until 16 July.
The drawings shown were produced by Aisslinger during the design phase of the watch.
Here's some text from the designer:
ICONOGRAPH LORENZ / DESIGN WERNER AISSLINGER
The design of "iconograph" is based on the classic round watch body with clear fluent organic lines of the case and the accentuation of the spherical dial with the outstanding and characteristic windows for the 12 numbers.
The various colour combinations of the case the dial and numbers give the overall minimalistic and classic design a personal touch and generate an outstanding design fusion of a timepiece.
The inspiration for "iconograph" came from a personal dream and vision about my definitive wristwatch: easy and daily - high-tech and well engineered - round and classic but at the same time unseen and progressive - inspiring textures and colour combinations with friendliness and casual appearance - poetry and minimalism with a long visual half-life period - a watch with a quality rather for your life than for a moment...
"iconograph" from Lorenz is designed to be a friendly compagnion for your life!
design werner aisslinger 2011
- London by Meike Harde
- Tyvek Vase by Jiwon Choi
- Tokujin Yoshioka uses millions of straws… to recreate Tornado installation in Japan
- Sunny Day by Aleksandra Stratimirovic
- Movie: Peroni Collaborazioni Talk with F…ormafantasma part 2
- Kvadrat's Divina fabric interpreted by 2…2 contemporary designers
- Launch collection by Noble & Wood
- AMO simulates an infinite catwalk for Pr…ada menswear show
- Winkel w127 by Dirk Winkel for Wästberg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories