One piece of plywood furniture inside this Polish apartment encompasses a bed, bookshelf, nightstand and wardrobe.
The hotel apartment in Poznań was designed by architects mode:lina and provides temporary accommodation throughout the year for trade fair visitors.
Named Quotel, a combination of the words quote and hotel, the apartment has different messages written on the walls of each room.
The architects have furnished the whole apartment using combinations of furniture from Ikea.
Other hotel interiors recently featured on Dezeen include a boutique gay hotel with a life-size polar bear statue and a Paris hotel filled with touchscreens.
Photography is by Marcin Ratajczak.
Here's some more information from the architects:
Quotel – accomodation for fair visitors in Poznań, Poland
Quotel (combination of words: "quote" and "hotel").
Architects of mode:lina have completed an apartment designed for guests visiting the Poznań International Fair.
This specific customer defines the nature of this apartment - at the crossroads of hotel features and relaxed homely atmosphere.
The challenge was to use easily replaceable parts (here: IKEA) and create a space that definitely stands out among other similar offers on the market.
Designers faithful to the principle of crossing-over combined catalogue elements with these custom-made to create an affordable and durable design giving the impression of tailored interior.
We wish you a pleasant stay in Poznań!
Interior design: Jerzy Woźniak, Paweł Garus of mode:lina architektura & consulting
Completion date: February 2011
Net area: 100,1 m2
Photos by: Marcin Ratajczak
- Grandi Legni by Andrea Branzi
- Out of Hand: Materializing the Postdigit…al at MAD
- Google Tel Aviv by Camenzind Evolution
- Loft Apartment by Alex Bykov
- Boolean interior by Torafu Architects
- Asemic Scapes by Sarah Schneider
- Out of The Box by Tom Dixon, Front and 5….5 Designers
- Conceptual office swaps chairs and desks… for "experimental work landscape"
- Bureau SLA inserts bright white gallery …into old timber armoury
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories