The Copper Lamp 10kg represents a way for people to invest in metal and have a useful object in the meantime, rather than just storing material that takes up space.
The arm of the desk lamp wraps around the stem of the weight, carrying a blue cable inside.
The design was first shown at DMY Berlin in June this year - see all our stories from the event here.
Here are some more details from the designers:
Copper lamp 10kg
The copper lamp is a speculative object of investment.
Over time, its value will increase proportionally to the price of copper. The lamp not only represents a safe investment for its owner, it also fulfills the function of being an object of every day use.
The collection of a well-tried material in combination with an economic thinking results in a unique product concept. Where does the added value of a design object come from and is the client ready to invest?
- Wear a representation of your favourite …narcotic around your neck
- Nike GS football boot by Nike
- Dominic Wilcox: "I'm deadly serious abou…t being playful"
- Pulse by Christian Ferrara and Jon McTag…gart
- Bathing Beauties
- Share by Thomas Bernstrand for Nola
- Quattro Fleet Shuttle by Audi for Ender'…s Game
- "It was about celebrating trades that ha…ve been lost" - Faye Toogood
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories