The Copper Lamp 10kg represents a way for people to invest in metal and have a useful object in the meantime, rather than just storing material that takes up space.
The arm of the desk lamp wraps around the stem of the weight, carrying a blue cable inside.
The design was first shown at DMY Berlin in June this year - see all our stories from the event here.
Here are some more details from the designers:
Copper lamp 10kg
The copper lamp is a speculative object of investment.
Over time, its value will increase proportionally to the price of copper. The lamp not only represents a safe investment for its owner, it also fulfills the function of being an object of every day use.
The collection of a well-tried material in combination with an economic thinking results in a unique product concept. Where does the added value of a design object come from and is the client ready to invest?
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- OS & OOS upholsters Keystone chair in Ra…f Simons' Kvadrat textiles
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at designjunct…ion
- Elvie vaginal activity monitor helps str…engthen pelvic floor muscles
- Lina Patsiou's leather Sunclocks get tan…ned in the solarium
- Shan Valla at Interiors UK
- HSBC Private Bank Lounge by Campana Brot…hers
- Hendrick's Collection by Tjep.
- Bird by Zhili Liu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories