This movie by the American Hardwood Export Council shows the manufacture of the Timber Wave by AL_A, a three-storey-high red oak sculpture installed outside the V&A museum for the London Design Festival.
The project is a collaboration between AL_A, The London Design Festival, AHEC and engineers Arup. It remains in place until 15 October.
- Boutonnière lapel pin vase by Omer Pol…ak
- Netherlands design duos to present rugs …at Dutch Design Week
- Paola Antonelli at Design Academy Eindho…ven's My Way talks
- Konstantin Grcic to receive Designer of …the Year Award at Design Miami/
- Ambar by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners… and Reggiani
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- A Pound of Flesh for 50p (study) by Alex… Chinneck
- Federico Babina imagines film stars livi…ng inside famous architect-designed houses
- Tommaso Caldera encloses Tull Lamp in a …wire cage
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories