This movie by the American Hardwood Export Council shows the manufacture of the Timber Wave by AL_A, a three-storey-high red oak sculpture installed outside the V&A museum for the London Design Festival.
The project is a collaboration between AL_A, The London Design Festival, AHEC and engineers Arup. It remains in place until 15 October.
- Le Buisson by Matali Crasset
- Chamberlight by Hallgeir Homstvedt diffu…ses candle light through a glass bubble
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 2010… at the Design Museum
- Mirror by Kaschkasch Cologne for Menu de…signed to fit into corners
- Volkswagen claims XL1 is "the most effic…ient production car in the world"
- Zipit by Victor Matic
- Coloured Rainshower Icon by Grohe
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: get 40% …off Deckster by N-Product
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories