This movie by the American Hardwood Export Council shows the manufacture of the Timber Wave by AL_A, a three-storey-high red oak sculpture installed outside the V&A museum for the London Design Festival.
The project is a collaboration between AL_A, The London Design Festival, AHEC and engineers Arup. It remains in place until 15 October.
- The interface between technology and des…ign holds "answers to the future"
- Once Upon a Dream by Mathieu Lehanneur f…or Veuve Clicquot
- Designed in Hackney: Hackney Empireby Ho…use of Hackney
- Squeezophone 360 by Claudio Colucci
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Nomad table by Jorre van Ast
- Telling Tales at the V&A
- Naked City Landscape by Natascha Madeisk…i and Alexander Graef
- Front for Moroso
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories