Dezeen Platform: Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N take to Dezeen Platform for the second day of Dezeen Space with their 1:87 scale-model island. In this movie, Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N talk about the QR-code island they exhibited at Dezeen Platform this weekend.
The 1:87 scale-model in the style of a Hornby model railway can be read by a smartphone when viewed from above.
Styled like a Hornby model railway, the island can be read by a smartphone as a QR code when viewed from above.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Villa Julia by Javier Mariscal for Magis
- Busk + Hertzog adds wooden legs to Capri… chairs for +Halle
- Long Low Hygiene Table and Evoluntionary… Chair by Studio Design Rafaschieri
- Ron Gilad designs shelves that seem to f…loat in metal frames
- Flip mirror by Javier Moreno Studio for …Normann Copenhagen
- Pinch&Grind by Roger Arquer for Royal VK…B
- Stereo.type by Ebon Heath
- Stealth Wear by Adam Harvey
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories