Dezeen Platform: Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N take to Dezeen Platform for the second day of Dezeen Space with their 1:87 scale-model island. In this movie, Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N talk about the QR-code island they exhibited at Dezeen Platform this weekend.
The 1:87 scale-model in the style of a Hornby model railway can be read by a smartphone when viewed from above.
Styled like a Hornby model railway, the island can be read by a smartphone as a QR code when viewed from above.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- The Upside Dome by Gijs Van Vaerenberg…h
- Phoebe Kowalska layers neoprene and ny…lon to create protective clothing
- Alexander Gendell's latest folding cha…ir pops out of a wall mural
- Food Machine by PJADAD encourages coll…aborative cooking
- Marginal Notes by Note Design Studio
- Nendo's Draftsmen 01 series available …to pre-order at Dezeen Watch Store
- Philippe Malouin's Hanger Chair goes i…nto production with Umbra Shift
- Tuft Pula byNumen/For Use
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions… for Japanese design exhibition display
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories