Dezeen Platform: Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N take to Dezeen Platform for the second day of Dezeen Space with their 1:87 scale-model island. In this movie, Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N talk about the QR-code island they exhibited at Dezeen Platform this weekend.
The 1:87 scale-model in the style of a Hornby model railway can be read by a smartphone when viewed from above.
Styled like a Hornby model railway, the island can be read by a smartphone as a QR code when viewed from above.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Marcel Wanders retrospective opens at th…e Stedelijk Museum
- Dezeen Watch Store: Grow by Andrea Morga…nte for Alessi
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- The Scent of Crystal by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Can City mobile aluminium furnace by Stu…dio Swine
- 2010 Around the World by Iwan Baan at Vi…lla Noailles
- Futuristic gowns formed from metallic ne…oprene by Sadie Williams
- Movie: Peroni Collaborazioni Talk with F…ormafantasma part 2
- Discarded marble tiles form products by …Paolo Ulian and Moreno Ratti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories