Dezeen Platform: Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N take to Dezeen Platform for the second day of Dezeen Space with their 1:87 scale-model island. In this movie, Mat Barnes and Eddie Blake of C.A.N talk about the QR-code island they exhibited at Dezeen Platform this weekend.
The 1:87 scale-model in the style of a Hornby model railway can be read by a smartphone when viewed from above.
Styled like a Hornby model railway, the island can be read by a smartphone as a QR code when viewed from above.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Colored-pencil table by Nendo
- Etre Touchy by Etre
- Robert Stadler at Galerie Emmanuel Perro…tin
- Offset by Giorgio Biscaro Design Studio
- Urban Camouflage by Aya Tsukioka
- Vindobona by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Inga Sempé's Beau Fixe seating is clamp…ed into shape
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashion… to furniture
- Met exhibition highlights fashion's obse…ssion with Chinese arts and design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories