Dezeen Platform: In this movie filmed at Dezeen Space, Israeli designer Sivan Royz presents her Blooming Structures purses and jewellery made from laser-cut silk, which were on show at Dezeen Platform on Monday. See more photos and information in our previous story.
Resembling shells, fungi or deep-sea plants, the purses have scorched edges where the laser passed and this colouring is darker where the curves are tighter.
Parting the layers reveals cavities inside that are perfectly shaped for a lipstick or mobile phone.
The layers of silk are slotted together with string.
Read more about the project in our earlier story.
Dezeen Space is open until 7pm today - see you there!
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space.
See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Wear Out by Carolina Reis
- Pieke Bergmans for Al Sabah Art & Design… Collection
- Anne van Galen designs fashion accessori…es for a "world with endless rainfall"
- Kids’ Furniture by Bo Reudler Studio
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- Down Side Up by Fabrica
- Beyond Boundaries, Art and Design by Zah…a Hadid at Ivorypress Space
- Dezeen Platform: Paula Benvegnú
- Pizza Perez by Francesco Moncada
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories