Dezeen Platform: Estonian graphic designer Evelin Kasikov takes her place at our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform at Dezeen Space today. In this movie Evelin Kasikov talks about her CMYK embroidery, a series of hand-made prints that replace inks with thread.
Here are some more images:
Her CMYK embroidery is a series of hand-made prints that replace inks with thread.
Just as the full range of colours can be achieved in printing by arranging dots of three subtractive primaries on a grid, Kasikov meticulously overlaps crosses of embroidery thread to colour her graphic images.
She began to develop the project while studying at Central Saint Martins.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Evo Giant by Mondaine is now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- A380 by Priestmangoode for Lufthansa
- Halo by Benjamin Hubert for David Design
- Ilona Gaynor designs staging for a hypot…hetical court case
- Mindcraft by Danish Crafts
- Jin Kuramoto adds maple furniture to Mat…suso T range
- Loveseat by Jake Phipps
- WhiteKnightTwo by Virgin Galactic
- Pillhead lamps by A+Z Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories