Dezeen Platform: Estonian graphic designer Evelin Kasikov takes her place at our micro-exhibition Dezeen Platform at Dezeen Space today. In this movie Evelin Kasikov talks about her CMYK embroidery, a series of hand-made prints that replace inks with thread.
Here are some more images:
Her CMYK embroidery is a series of hand-made prints that replace inks with thread.
Just as the full range of colours can be achieved in printing by arranging dots of three subtractive primaries on a grid, Kasikov meticulously overlaps crosses of embroidery thread to colour her graphic images.
She began to develop the project while studying at Central Saint Martins.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Journey to Space capsule for space touri…sts by Priestmangoode
- Lollipop-making kit by Tessa Geuze is de…signed to create homemade seasonal treats
- Nendo's second Draftsman watch is based …on circular stencils
- Flight Brigade music video by Simon Robe…rts follows an animated train journey
- Kristina Dam designs pale oak furniture …to incorporate plants
- Watches by Uniform Wares
- Dressed collection by Jens Praet
- Illuminant by Kristín Birna Bjarnadótt…ir
- An Alarm by Industrial Facility at Dezee…n Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories