The Brick Replacement Service produces bricks from the seeds of wildflowers, trees, grasses and herbs packed into clay and soil.
The bricks fit into holes in existing walls, or can be used to build new structures. As the seeds grow, an array of plant life sprouts from each block.
The bricks are available to buy from Dezeen space until 16 October.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here. There's more about Dezeen Space here.
Photography is by Zahra Shahabi.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
- Form 2 by Fuseproject
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibition at The… Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Chambre d'Ami by Matali Crasset for Camp…eggi
- Vika's modular bathroom range is designe…d to create comfortable wash areas
- Vera, Chapter One by KM and ÉM
- Classic watches from Daniel Wellington w…ith striped Nato straps
- "At night you won't switch on the ceilin…g lamp. You'll switch on the window."
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories