The Brick Replacement Service produces bricks from the seeds of wildflowers, trees, grasses and herbs packed into clay and soil.
The bricks fit into holes in existing walls, or can be used to build new structures. As the seeds grow, an array of plant life sprouts from each block.
The bricks are available to buy from Dezeen space until 16 October.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here. There's more about Dezeen Space here.
Photography is by Zahra Shahabi.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Mercury by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Household objects become musical instrum…ents with Sound Pegs by Nick Brennan
- Spaces in Between by Aldo Bakker at Gall…ery Libby Sellers
- Quilt by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- "It will be the first proper OLED desk l…amp"
- Theca and Steelwood Galva by Ronan and E…rwan Bouroullec for Magis
- 17 Days of Summer by Jordon Cheung
- Fashion collection features solar panels… for charging a mobile phone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories