The Brick Replacement Service produces bricks from the seeds of wildflowers, trees, grasses and herbs packed into clay and soil.
The bricks fit into holes in existing walls, or can be used to build new structures. As the seeds grow, an array of plant life sprouts from each block.
The bricks are available to buy from Dezeen space until 16 October.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here. There's more about Dezeen Space here.
Photography is by Zahra Shahabi.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Afrofuture at La Rinascente
- London building turned upside down by Al…ex Chinneck
- Drawerment by Jaroslav Jurica
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit features colour…-coordinated weapons
- Runaway lamp by Nika Zupanc
- 3D-printed dress for Dita Von Teese by M…ichael Schmidt and Francis Bitonti
- Downtown by Roderick Vos
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark artwor…k by Peter Saville and Tom Skipp
- Design world heads for Miami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories