Swedish office Uglycute have completed a restaurant in Stockholm that features a bar made of hardboard panels edged in brass.
More strips of brass surround the hardboard panels and mirrored glass that line the walls.
The floor is tiled and the upper walls and ceiling are painted a deep green. The palette of green, brown hardboard and brass is complimented by blue and white serviettes, white lettering on the menu board, and white pendant lamps.
The design includes chairs and stools manufactured by woodstockholm and designed by Lars Stensö, who taught the designers at the Stockholm Design Academy.
Dezeen also featured Uglycute's design for fashion brand Cheap Mondays offices in Stockholm, featuring a conference room within a pyramid.
Jonas Nobel from Uglycute provides further information below:
Interior for a new central European restaurant in Stockholm.
A new take on a fictitious restaurant somewhere in central europe. We allowed ourselves to work quite theatrically and free with references and inputs. A dining area is separated by two steps up from the bar area. Panels are made out of brass incased masonite boards. Chairs and stools are designed by Lasse Stensö, an old professor to us at the design academy in Stockholm whose furniture has not been in production before. The furniture is manufactured by a new company called woodstockholm.
- Meat Liquor by Shed and I Love Dust
- La Petite Bretagne by Paul Crofts Studio
- Plaza Nueva Pharmacy by MOBIL M
- Bouncing on Top of the World by Checkini…t
- Restaurant for CGSH by Roberto Murgia, F…abiola Minas and Simona Oberti
- Renovation of an apartment in Barcelona …by Carles Enrich
- Cheap Monday Office by Uglycute
- Schemata Architects refits Japanese clot…hing store with petrol-hued display structure
- Face to Face by Ministry of Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories