Swedish office Uglycute have completed a restaurant in Stockholm that features a bar made of hardboard panels edged in brass.
More strips of brass surround the hardboard panels and mirrored glass that line the walls.
The floor is tiled and the upper walls and ceiling are painted a deep green. The palette of green, brown hardboard and brass is complimented by blue and white serviettes, white lettering on the menu board, and white pendant lamps.
The design includes chairs and stools manufactured by woodstockholm and designed by Lars Stensö, who taught the designers at the Stockholm Design Academy.
Dezeen also featured Uglycute's design for fashion brand Cheap Mondays offices in Stockholm, featuring a conference room within a pyramid.
Jonas Nobel from Uglycute provides further information below:
Interior for a new central European restaurant in Stockholm.
A new take on a fictitious restaurant somewhere in central europe. We allowed ourselves to work quite theatrically and free with references and inputs. A dining area is separated by two steps up from the bar area. Panels are made out of brass incased masonite boards. Chairs and stools are designed by Lasse Stensö, an old professor to us at the design academy in Stockholm whose furniture has not been in production before. The furniture is manufactured by a new company called woodstockholm.
- Dri Dri at St Martins Lane by Elips Desi…gn
- Gundry & Ducker's bubble tea cafe featur…es cork seats and stripy paintwork
- Chers Voisins by Maison Martin Margiela
- Nothing office by Joost van Bleiswijk
- Aesop Covent Garden by Ciguë
- Jaime Hayón refurbishes Room 506 in Arn…e Jacobsen's SAS Hotel
- Little Chef by Ab Rogers Design
- Timeline Machiya by Q-Architecture Labor…atory
- Icehotel suite by Les Ateliers de Germai…ne recreates the rooftops of Paris
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories