London studio Farshid Moussavi Architecture has won a competition to design a housing complex for the western outskirts of Paris.
The building will accompany a proposed stadium arena and hotel on the Jardins de l’Arche development site, which will link the area of la Défense with les Terrasses de Nanterre.
Shops are to fill the ground floor of the building, while ten storeys of residences above will include three floors of student accommodation.
Each upper storey will be slightly rotated to create terraced balconies.
Farshid Moussavi was co-founder of Foreign Office Architects and launched her independent studio back in June as reported on Dezeen Wire. See earlier projects by Foreign Office Architects here.
Here's some information about the proposals from Farshid Moussavi Architecture:
Farshid Moussavi Architecture has won the competition to design a new residential complex in the La Défense financial district to the west of Paris. The 11,430 m2 building is to house 7,500m2 of residential units, 2,930m2 of student accommodation and 1,000m2 of retail space.
It forms part of La Parvis Jardin de l’Arché, a large urban renewal project linking la Défense and les Terrasses de Nanterre, which also includes the new Arena Stadium as well as a hotel. The project is for client Les Nouveaux Constructeurs working with public planning authority, l’Epadesa.
The FMA design proposes a slender volume to provide dual aspect residential units. Each floor of this volume is rotated by two degrees from the one below to produce oblique balconies and loggias. These oblique exterior spaces of the apartments will enjoy uninterrupted views down the path of the historic La Grande Axe.
- Floatastic by Qastic
- Rotterdam Market Hall by MVRDV
- 9/11 memorial by Michael Arad and Peter …Walker
- Megalomania by Jonathan Gales
- Rooftop Office by Dagli+ Atelier d’Arc…hitecture
- Curving walls eclipse glazed facade of p…ark-side house in Japan by Tsuyoshi Kawata
- White Arkitekter adds corrugated copper …walls to Norway's Bråtejordet School
- Slideshow feature: Fogo Island Artists' …Studios by Saunders Architecture
- Victorian house renovation by Clare Cous…ins features a courtyard dining room
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories