In this next movie from our series filmed at the OMA/Progress exhibition at the Barbican in London, OMA partner Reinier de Graaf talks about the Dutch architecture studio's preoccupation with the megacity and its hinterland - "the vacuum left in the wake of the city's expansion." He suggests that we're moving to an era of city states and this is leading to a potential new relevance for architects as civic leaders.
Reinier de Graaf talks about more of the firm's preoccupations, including the nature of London, in our earlier movie.
- Stone House by Vo Trong Nghia
- Bloody Haze by MAP Office
- Medialab-Prado by Langarita-Navarro Arqu…itectos
- Andrew Maynard's "anti-monolith" house i…s made up of seven small blocks
- Clip, Stamp, Fold: The Radical Architec…ture of Little Magazines, at the Architectural Association
- 17a Highbury Terrace Mews renovation by …Studio 54 Architecture
- Insert Studio completes house in Romania… with two cut-away corners
- Hermanos Amorós Public School by GRG Ar…quitectos
- BMW Museum by Atelier Brückner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories