In this next movie from our series filmed at the OMA/Progress exhibition at the Barbican in London, OMA partner Reinier de Graaf talks about the Dutch architecture studio's preoccupation with the megacity and its hinterland - "the vacuum left in the wake of the city's expansion." He suggests that we're moving to an era of city states and this is leading to a potential new relevance for architects as civic leaders.
Reinier de Graaf talks about more of the firm's preoccupations, including the nature of London, in our earlier movie.
- Louvre Lens by SANAA and Imrey Culbert p…hotographed by Julien Lanoo
- Sky Garden House by Guz Architects
- Jeffry's House by Emily Mannion and Thom…as O’Brien is a thatched folly by the sea
- Copper-clad chapel in Finland has a curv…ing wooden frame like a ship's hull
- Melbourne house extension by Andrew Mayn…ard presents a living room to the street
- OMA in Singapore
- Kouichi Kimura's Tuneful House features …contrasting materials and split levels
- Seeds of Change by Gitta Gschwendtner an…d Maria Thereza Alves
- Singapore Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010… by Kay Ngee Tan Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories