In this next movie from our series filmed at the OMA/Progress exhibition at the Barbican in London, OMA partner Reinier de Graaf talks about the Dutch architecture studio's preoccupation with the megacity and its hinterland - "the vacuum left in the wake of the city's expansion." He suggests that we're moving to an era of city states and this is leading to a potential new relevance for architects as civic leaders.
Reinier de Graaf talks about more of the firm's preoccupations, including the nature of London, in our earlier movie.
- Dacha's Origami by Peter Kostelov
- Skewed concrete chapel by EMC Arquitec…tura balances over a mountainside in El Salvador
- Slabs of concrete frame glass walls of… house near a Swiss lake by MLZD
- Digital Origami by AKA Architetti
- Water Towers of Ireland by Jamie Young
- House 712 by H Arquitectes
- Bottière Chenaie by Block Architects
- Campus Roskilde by Henning Larsen Arch…itects
- Steel-clad mountain hut by Savioz Fabr…izzi Architectes wraps over an Alpine ridge
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories