In this next movie from our series filmed at the OMA/Progress exhibition at the Barbican in London, OMA partner Reinier de Graaf talks about the Dutch architecture studio's preoccupation with the megacity and its hinterland - "the vacuum left in the wake of the city's expansion." He suggests that we're moving to an era of city states and this is leading to a potential new relevance for architects as civic leaders.
Reinier de Graaf talks about more of the firm's preoccupations, including the nature of London, in our earlier movie.
- Big and small windows balance views with… privacy at Atelier Delphine Carrère's Villa Chiberta
- Josef Schulz documents abandoned checkpo…int architecture across Europe
- Chateau Barde-Haut by Nadau Lavergne
- Crystal City Mind by Coordination Berlin… and diephotodesigner
- The Exhibition Hall by OMA
- Casa P by Studio MK27
- Tokyo Balconies by KINO Architects
- Assemble's latest pop-up theatre combine…s Tudor design with stadium architecture
- Perforated brick walls filter light into… Matthew Gribben's Five Courts House
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories