Inside 2011: the Ceramics Study Galleries at the Victoria & Albert museum in London by OPERA Amsterdam have just been announced as the winner of the display category at the inaugural Inside awards in Barcelona.
The judges said the project exhibited "one strong idea and executed it really well - from material, function and lighting."
Inside world festival of interiors is taking place on the third floor of the Centro de Convenciones Internacionales de Barcelona until 4 November – see all our stories about Inside here, including interviews with the judges on Dezeen Screen.
Here's some more information about the project from OPERA Amsterdam:
The ‘Ceramic Galleries' at the Victoria & Albert Museum have been designed as a visible storage showcase as part of the reinstallation of the ceramic galleries phase II.
The visible study collection contains 26.000 objects that are displayed with the idea that they are - on demand - available to curators, specialists and the general public. Surface area: 950 m2
- Family Stories by Guy Königstein
- Bela Cintra 1235 by Triptyque
- Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv by k1p3
- Bridal Magic by Process5 Design
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Seoul Flagship by Leong …Leong
- Inamo restaurant by Blacksheep
- Silver Sugar Spoon by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Genesin Studio renovates Victorian shop …in Adelaide for Aesop
- Munich Fractal Arena by Dear Design for …Munich
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories