The building's walls comprise four interlocking ovals, elevated above the ground and clad in green glazed tiles.
Maggie's Nottingham opened to the public on Wednesday and anyone affected by cancer is invited to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat.
Read more about the centre in our earlier story.
This is the second of three centres opening in the UK this year, following one recently completed in Glasgow by OMA.
- Sogn & Fjordane Kunstmuseum by CF Mølle…r Architects
- MM++ Architects replaces the old walls o…f a Vietnam house with red bricks and pivoting glass
- House in Moreira by Phyd Arquitectura
- PROD's House of Four Houses comprises a …family of interlinked buildings
- Parrish Art Museum by Herzog & de Meuron
- Raven Row by 6a Architects
- A Mono Struct Office by Masato Sekiya
- Haus Für Julia Und Björn is a wooden r…esidence in Austria's picturesque Bregenz Forest
- Translucent and foiled glass fronts Germ…an grammar school extension
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories