The building's walls comprise four interlocking ovals, elevated above the ground and clad in green glazed tiles.
Maggie's Nottingham opened to the public on Wednesday and anyone affected by cancer is invited to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat.
Read more about the centre in our earlier story.
This is the second of three centres opening in the UK this year, following one recently completed in Glasgow by OMA.
- Book Mountain by MVRDV
- Architects could become "closer to game …designers or filmmakers"
- Ecolodge by Laetitia Delubac and Christi…an Félix
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
- OrganiCube by Christian Precht
- Black Barn by Arhitektura d.o.o. used fo…r production of dried fruit and honey
- Dezeen archive: mirrored buildings
- Park Avenue South by Studio Octopi
- Chimecco by Mark Nixon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories