The building's walls comprise four interlocking ovals, elevated above the ground and clad in green glazed tiles.
Maggie's Nottingham opened to the public on Wednesday and anyone affected by cancer is invited to pop in for a cup of tea and a chat.
Read more about the centre in our earlier story.
This is the second of three centres opening in the UK this year, following one recently completed in Glasgow by OMA.
- Pezo von Ellrichshausen's Casa Guna is… a top-heavy house beside a lagoon
- The Museum of Copying by FAT at Venice… Architecture Biennale 2012
- Yakisugi House by Terunobu Fujimori
- Chameleon House by Petr Hajek Architek…ti features rooms that point in different directions
- Álvaro Siza: "Emotion is very importa…nt" in architecture
- Technicolor Bloom by Brennan Buck
- Louvre Lens by SANAA and Imrey Culbert… photographed by Julien Lanoo
- Biagioni Pecorari adds brick water tow…er to remodelled house in Argentina
- Bibliothek Luckenwalde by FF Architekt…en and Martina Wronna
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories