Shoes are displayed on stepped marble surfaces, against a background of blue and red.
A neon green lamp resembling a large eye surveys the room from a rear wall.
Other designers who've completed Camper stores include Jaime Hayón and Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec - see all our stories about Camper here.
This is the first Camper store by Doshi Levien, but you can see more of their work here.
Here's a little bit more text from Doshi Levien:
Eternal Summer / Camper shop. Via Baullari 18, Rome.
Our shop concept is inspired by the earthy, sun baked, solid architectural elements of the Mediterranean.
It has an authentic, monolithic simplicity of materials, with magical highlights.
It references the idea of an ETERNAL SUMMER and playfully re-appropriates everyday architectural and interior elements of the Mediterranean.
Marble steps, the water fountain in the Piazza, the ceiling fans in cafés, the sun faded colours of buildings, the flash of a bright neon light, a bright red dress or shoe, television watched outdoors by a neighbourhood together.
It feels like a shop that has been there forever; solid, sturdy, using materials that can be touched and washed.
Yet it is quirky; a rotating zoetrope in the window with animations entices you into the shop. The shoes have pride of place going up and down marble steps. Measure your feet on tiles by the floor.
Neon eyes watch over you. A mirrored fan gently cools the air and transforms itself according to the space.
Funny mirrors that take you by surprise by distorting your body proportions, defying pre-conceived notions of a perfect body! Making us laugh at ourselves and our vanity.
- Konstantin Grcic to receive Designer of …the Year Award at Design Miami/
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Roca London Gallery by Zaha Hadid Archit…ects
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
- KK Outlet by Fashion Architecture Taste
- Staircase with upside-down sections at a…n office in Mexico
- Emporium by Sergio Calatroni Artroom
- X Block by Planet 3 Studios Architecture
- Reform of Housing in Pamplona by Carlos …Pereda Iglesias and Óscar Pérez Silanes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories