This movie shows how Dutch designers Rietveld Landscape placed rows of flaming torches inside an abandoned building so that it would appear to be on fire, before inviting visitors inside.
The installation, entitled Firemen walk with us, was on show for six nights in the Eiffel Building in Maastricht, the Netherlands, and was intended to alert people to the fire safety risks of disused properties.
The movie was produced by Maurice Spees of Moving Films.
- The Somerset House Book Stall System by …Fotis Evans
- Flame Lamps by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Super Contemporary interviews: Daniel We…il
- Shadow and Light by Front for Porro
- Algorithmic publishing project FOMO expl…ores the "unexpected consequences of technology"
- New products by Pottinger & Cole
- Designersblock opening party and Illustr…ate 07
- DesignMarch 2012: studio tours
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick - more …images
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories