This movie shows how Dutch designers Rietveld Landscape placed rows of flaming torches inside an abandoned building so that it would appear to be on fire, before inviting visitors inside.
The installation, entitled Firemen walk with us, was on show for six nights in the Eiffel Building in Maastricht, the Netherlands, and was intended to alert people to the fire safety risks of disused properties.
The movie was produced by Maurice Spees of Moving Films.
- Plastic Polo for Lacoste by Michael Yo…ung
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save 2…0% on Gravity by Ziiiro
- Lianne Polinder's Technomimicry textil…es are based on LCD screens and solar panels
- Very Good & Proper designs new legs fo…r MT Club Chair
- Graham Fan's graduate fashion collecti…on evokes metallic pan scourers
- Oscar Niemeyer facade informs cross-sh…aped concrete vase
- Advances in digital interfaces will le…ad to a "new beginning in music"
- Amma Studio's stools and tables combin…e cement with BB pellets and coffee grounds
- Ribbon coat rack by Hemal Patel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories