American designer Chad Wright stretched the archetypal birdhouse shape to create penthouse nest boxes with varying heights.
A concrete base with a screw-in stake stabilises these slender wooden pillars on grass or hard-standing.
The birdhouses come in a selection of different colours, including tomato red, robin's egg and cloud blue.
Here's some more text from Studio Chad Wright:
Attic is a series of avian abodes recently designed by Studio Chad Wright. At 4'6", 4'10" and 6'0", Attic provides homes of varying levels of status to a variety of birds. Shown here in colors robin's egg, tomato and cloud, Attic features a molded concrete base with a screw-in lawn stake, thus accommodating tiled or lawn-covered landscapes.
Studio Chad Wright is the laboratory, factory and home of Chad Wright, an emerging independent American designer.
After working in several of the top design studios in San Francisco, Chad recently ventured out on his own and founded Studio Chad Wright in 2011, a studio that synthesizes ideas with objects, poeticism with relevance, product with person (or animal), and simplicity with joy.
- Bags by Maam Project
- Mondaine Evo Quartz now in at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Plants grow inside Maxim Scherbakov's ma…rble Sputnik-5 table
- The Poor Man's Gold by Joost van Bleiswi…jk
- Formafantasma shows engraved glassware a…t Bagatti Valsecchi in Milan
- Ausgebrannt by Kaspar Hamacher at 20 Des…igners at Biologiska
- Missing Pieces by Rupert McKelvie
- Gijs+Emmy exhibition of Futuristic jewel…lery to open at the Stedelijk Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories