American designer Chad Wright stretched the archetypal birdhouse shape to create penthouse nest boxes with varying heights.
A concrete base with a screw-in stake stabilises these slender wooden pillars on grass or hard-standing.
The birdhouses come in a selection of different colours, including tomato red, robin's egg and cloud blue.
Here's some more text from Studio Chad Wright:
Attic is a series of avian abodes recently designed by Studio Chad Wright. At 4'6", 4'10" and 6'0", Attic provides homes of varying levels of status to a variety of birds. Shown here in colors robin's egg, tomato and cloud, Attic features a molded concrete base with a screw-in lawn stake, thus accommodating tiled or lawn-covered landscapes.
Studio Chad Wright is the laboratory, factory and home of Chad Wright, an emerging independent American designer.
After working in several of the top design studios in San Francisco, Chad recently ventured out on his own and founded Studio Chad Wright in 2011, a studio that synthesizes ideas with objects, poeticism with relevance, product with person (or animal), and simplicity with joy.
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Today at Dezeen Platform: LingJing Yin, …Mark McKeague and Ting Chung Jessica Cheng
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Brooches by Mr Jones Watches
- Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Ma…gne-hinge glasses
- Claesson Koivisto Rune uses two types of… wood to make stripy furniture
- Designed in Hackney: Costume designs for… Carbon Life by Gareth Pugh
- Vanity Shelf by Outofstock for Ligne Ros…et
- Tjirp by Cas Moor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories