American designer Chad Wright stretched the archetypal birdhouse shape to create penthouse nest boxes with varying heights.
A concrete base with a screw-in stake stabilises these slender wooden pillars on grass or hard-standing.
The birdhouses come in a selection of different colours, including tomato red, robin's egg and cloud blue.
Here's some more text from Studio Chad Wright:
Attic is a series of avian abodes recently designed by Studio Chad Wright. At 4'6", 4'10" and 6'0", Attic provides homes of varying levels of status to a variety of birds. Shown here in colors robin's egg, tomato and cloud, Attic features a molded concrete base with a screw-in lawn stake, thus accommodating tiled or lawn-covered landscapes.
Studio Chad Wright is the laboratory, factory and home of Chad Wright, an emerging independent American designer.
After working in several of the top design studios in San Francisco, Chad recently ventured out on his own and founded Studio Chad Wright in 2011, a studio that synthesizes ideas with objects, poeticism with relevance, product with person (or animal), and simplicity with joy.
- Sessantuna by Gaetano Pesce for Cassina
- I was a teenager in the... by Fandango P…rojects
- Greenpeace and Jason Bruges at 100% Ligh…t
- eCity by eBoy
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Design made of animal products on show i…n Formafantasma exhibition
- Holdables by taliaYstudio are "a satiric…al comment on the wearable tech frenzy"
- Echos by Pour les Alpes
- Origami by Carlos Tíscar for Offecct
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories