In this next movie from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Australian architect Ian Moore, whose monochrome conversion of a former grocery warehouse in Sydney won the residential category.
Moore explains the concept behind the project before talking about working on The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation headquarters as an engineer in the 1980s, designing a combined home and photography studio when he moved back to Australia and how the famous Maison de Verre in Paris has influenced his work.
- Avanti restaurant by Studio OPA
- Viva Store by Roca + Paz
- Harry Thaler adds mobile furniture and b…oxy beds to artists' apartment
- Jaffa House by Pitsou Kedem
- The Michelberger Hotel by Werner Aisslin…ger
- Skype office by PS Arkitektur
- Glass, timber and stone showroom created… by Toyo Ito for Kinnasand's "sensitive fabric"
- Kotaro Horiuchi creates a Paper Cave ins…ide his architecture studio
- Restaurant Dos Palillos by Ronan and Erw…an Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories