In this next movie from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Australian architect Ian Moore, whose monochrome conversion of a former grocery warehouse in Sydney won the residential category.
Moore explains the concept behind the project before talking about working on The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation headquarters as an engineer in the 1980s, designing a combined home and photography studio when he moved back to Australia and how the famous Maison de Verre in Paris has influenced his work.
- Nike Free 2013 installation by Studio-at…-Large
- Room Portraits by Menno Aden
- Cohta Asano divides Japanese hair salon …with diamond-shaped partitions
- Bridal Magic by Process5 Design
- Mondrian South Beach by Marcel Wanders
- Zapiekanka restaurant in Warsaw modelled… on a market booth by MFRMGR
- WhiteOut by SpaceOperaForm
- Pleats Please Issey Miyake/Aoyama by Tok…ujin Yoshioka
- Neil Barrett scenography by AquiliAlberg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories