In this next movie from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Australian architect Ian Moore, whose monochrome conversion of a former grocery warehouse in Sydney won the residential category.
Moore explains the concept behind the project before talking about working on The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation headquarters as an engineer in the 1980s, designing a combined home and photography studio when he moved back to Australia and how the famous Maison de Verre in Paris has influenced his work.
- SUBU by Johannes Torpe Studios
- Michele De Lucchi: Architekturchen at In…go Maurer
- Panoramarestaurant Karren by Architekten… Rüf Stasi Partner
- If I Had A Heart I Could Love You by Mal…ene Hartmann Rasmussen
- Amanda Levete's Tincan restaurant presen…ts tinned seafood as "objects of desire"
- Cottrell House by The Decorators and Mea…nwhile Space
- WashHouse by Studio Makkink & Bey
- SANAA's Dior Omotesando store receives P…eter Marino refit
- Concrete apartment by Airhouse Design Of…fice features display space for "precious clothes"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories