In this next movie from our series of Dezeen Talks filmed at the Inside awards in Barcelona, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs talks to Australian architect Ian Moore, whose monochrome conversion of a former grocery warehouse in Sydney won the residential category.
Moore explains the concept behind the project before talking about working on The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation headquarters as an engineer in the 1980s, designing a combined home and photography studio when he moved back to Australia and how the famous Maison de Verre in Paris has influenced his work.
- Technicolor Bloom by Brennan Buck
- Edison House by Adjaye Associates
- Emanuel Hostel by Lana Vitas Gruić
- BarQue by K-studio
- OMA's temporary auditorium at Selfridges… features mirrored walls and an Op Art floor
- Kiosk at SCP by Michael Marriott
- La Chambre aux Confitures by Noël Domin…guez and Agathe Delecourt
- Blu Apple by Budi Pradono architects
- Cell + wood/fabric by Sugawaradaisuke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories