Dezeen Wire: the organisers of Paris design show Maison & Objet have announced Japanese designer Tokujin Yoshioka as this year's Now! Design à Vivre Creator of the Year. An exhibition of his Crystalized Project will be held at the fair from 20 to 24 January 2012.
Here's the announcement from Yoshioka:
TOKUJIN YOSHIOKA now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR
Tokujin Yoshioka receive the award of now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR by Maison & Objet, Paris. In honor of this award, Tokujin Yoshioka's exhibition is held at Maison & Objet.
Crystalized pieces adopting the randomness or unexpectedness of nature surpasses human's imagination.
The "Crystalized Project," on the reflection of "Relationship between power of nature and human beings," tries to create and reveal a new portrait of nature.
In the exhibition at Maison & Objet, a crystalized chair "VENUS - Natural crystal chair," crystal paintings grown by the vibration of music, and new pieces, which has not ever been exhibited in the world, will be exhibited.
- Repacked by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- Tom Dixon in Milan 2009
- David Derksen launches Moiré jewellery …at Ventura Lambrate
- Fixperts by Daniel Charny and James Carr…igan
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung Lee
- Rapidprototypedshoe by Marloes ten Bhöm…er
- Shifting Vase by Isolation Unit
- Doshi Levien's Almora lounge chair for B…&B Italia feels like being "wrapped in a soft, warm blanket"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories