Dezeen Wire: the organisers of Paris design show Maison & Objet have announced Japanese designer Tokujin Yoshioka as this year's Now! Design à Vivre Creator of the Year. An exhibition of his Crystalized Project will be held at the fair from 20 to 24 January 2012.
Here's the announcement from Yoshioka:
TOKUJIN YOSHIOKA now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR
Tokujin Yoshioka receive the award of now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR by Maison & Objet, Paris. In honor of this award, Tokujin Yoshioka's exhibition is held at Maison & Objet.
Crystalized pieces adopting the randomness or unexpectedness of nature surpasses human's imagination.
The "Crystalized Project," on the reflection of "Relationship between power of nature and human beings," tries to create and reveal a new portrait of nature.
In the exhibition at Maison & Objet, a crystalized chair "VENUS - Natural crystal chair," crystal paintings grown by the vibration of music, and new pieces, which has not ever been exhibited in the world, will be exhibited.
- Literature Versus Traffic by Luzinterrup…tus
- Virgin Galactic unveils SpaceShipTwo
- Gift by Paul Cocksedge for Hotel Chocola…t
- City Camouflage by Roeland Otten
- Itisy table by Philippine Lemaire for Li…gne Roset
- Don't Run shoe factory brings production… line to local high streets
- 12 Shapes of Paper by Estonian Academy o…f Arts students
- "Storage is disappearing from offices" -… Erwan Bouroullec
- Mia Cinelli's limb-like weighted blanket… is designed to ease feelings of grief
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories