Dezeen Wire: the organisers of Paris design show Maison & Objet have announced Japanese designer Tokujin Yoshioka as this year's Now! Design à Vivre Creator of the Year. An exhibition of his Crystalized Project will be held at the fair from 20 to 24 January 2012.
Here's the announcement from Yoshioka:
TOKUJIN YOSHIOKA now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR
Tokujin Yoshioka receive the award of now! design à vivre 2012 CREATOR OF THE YEAR by Maison & Objet, Paris. In honor of this award, Tokujin Yoshioka's exhibition is held at Maison & Objet.
Crystalized pieces adopting the randomness or unexpectedness of nature surpasses human's imagination.
The "Crystalized Project," on the reflection of "Relationship between power of nature and human beings," tries to create and reveal a new portrait of nature.
In the exhibition at Maison & Objet, a crystalized chair "VENUS - Natural crystal chair," crystal paintings grown by the vibration of music, and new pieces, which has not ever been exhibited in the world, will be exhibited.
- Z-shaped clothes hanger easily fits thro…ugh the neck hole
- The Unseen creates "coded couture" to re…ad wearers' auras
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Framed by Stuart Haygarth
- Heatherwick Studio: Designing the Extrao…rdinary at the V&A
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Noah lighting by Bethan Gray for John Le…wis
- "Sculpture's gift to architecture is the… staircase" - Alex de Rijke
- 3D-printed mushroom roots "could be used… to build houses"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories