Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
- Kuki chair by Zaha Hadid for Sawaya & Mo…roni
- Jean Louis Iratzoki designs "first biopl…astic chair"
- Sara Lee headquarters by Marco Hemmerlin…g
- A Pound of Flesh for 50p (study) by Alex… Chinneck
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agawin…'s Balance Stool
- Hypnagogia by Ryo Matsui Architects
- Tron chair by Dror
- Series Two by Another Country
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories