Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Bionic Runner combines cycling and joggi…ng for "injury-free" running
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Sylvio …Giardina
- Clouds by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Plant Pregnancy by Alice Kim
- Latis collection by Omvivo
- ÉCAL students design seasonal objects f…or time-themed exhibition
- Movie: the making of Electric Light Shoe… by Freedom of Creation
- Total Trattoria by Martino Gamper
- Frozen in Time by Studio Wieki Somers at… Galerie Kreo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories