Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Das Haus by Luca Nichetto
- Thonet Concept Bike by Andy Martin Studi…o
- Flat Mirrors by Big-Game
- Dezeen relaunch party at Covent Garden S…uper Design
- New photos of Vitra Edition 2007
- Bonsai Tree Table by Anke Weiss
- Cityscope by Marco Hemmerling
- No Screw No Glue by Joost van Bleiswijk
- Embroidery Chairs by Johan Lindstén
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories