Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- The Aram Gallery showcases seven new des…igners in Future Stars? exhibition
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
- Nicole Goymann and Christoph John create… shoes from deconstructed silkworm cocoons
- Nokia Pure font by Dalton Maag
- Mesblock by Robert Knight
- The Temporium on llustre.com
- Inception dish rack shaped like Manhatta…n by Luca Nichetto launches in New York
- Olympic viewing platform by Office for S…ubversive Architecture
- Xkuty One electric bike by The Electric …Mobility Company
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories