Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Lampada by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Swirling patterns top tables by Elisa St…rozyk
- "Bauhaus modernism" inspires Afteroom's …furniture and home accessories for Menu
- Origami-influenced umbrella "bounces bac…k into shape" after blowing inside out
- Eat Drink Design at Dutch Design Week
- Nendo's Float stool for Moroso looks imp…ossible
- Nørd by David Geckeler for Muuto
- Im Blanky by Studio NMinusOne and Rodolp…he el-Khoury
- In Flakes by Mount Fuji Architects Studi…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories