Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Bok by Sander Bokkinga
- Lean by Jenny Bäck
- Making of Zaha Hadid's NOVA shoes for Un…ited Nude
- Nan16 by Sebastian Herkner
- Nissan Cube by Nissan
- Kvadrat's Divina fabric interpreted by 2…2 contemporary designers
- Carafe and water filter by Soma
- "Customers grow old with our shoes, not …bored with them" - Tracey Neuls
- All the Forces at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories