Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Aldo Bakker takes over Amsterdam exhib…ition space with just five jugs
- Arena Homme + by Neville Brody
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn …event 7 November
- Birth certificates by IWANT for Icon m…agazine
- Precious Plastic by Dave Hakkens
- Lancaster by Michael Young for Emeco
- Binbags by Studio Toogood at The Tempo…rium
- Eileen Gray was "disappointed that she… was forgotten" - Zeev Aram
- Doshi Levien's rugs for Nanimarquina c…apture the "joy and celebration of the Rabari"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories