Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Bench Years by Established & Sons at the… V&A museum
- Ashley Heather reclaims precious metal f…rom circuit boards to create jewellery
- New Designers 2010 Part 2 Awards
- Stud Chair by Hyung Suk Cho
- Kaschkasch models lamp for Normann Copen…hagen on a cartoon character
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchpad… for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
- Wallpaper* editor resigns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories