Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Cabinet Bestiarium at Vertigo Bird
- A Gust of Wind by Paul Cocksedge
- Black Tree by Miloš Milivojevic
- Food and Design: a report by Dezeen for …Scholtès
- Fungi Lamp by Andreas Kowalewski
- Escale Numérique by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Air Vase by Torafu Architects
- Cornered by James Laurie
- Loremo lightweight car concept
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories