Dezeen Wire: Disney have released a T-shirt that mimics the 1979 album cover of Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division, altering the diagram of pulses from a star to resolve into Mickey Mouse's head.
The original image for the cover by graphic designer Peter Saville was taken from an astronomy encyclopedia.
Writers at the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Guardian all wonder why Disney would want to be associated with a band named after raped concentration camp prisoners, with a lead singer who famously killed himself, while music sites including Pitchfork and NME can barely contain their outrage.
The T-shirt has now sold out.
- Locale Office Furniture by Industrial Fa…cility for Herman Miller
- Laurence Humier's Alchemist Matter Kit t…eaches children basic chemistry
- Alain Gilles' extendable Tracks Table re…veals its inner workings
- Architonic Concept Space III by Oskar Zi…eta
- Bobble by Karim Rashid
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i now comes with a Nato strap
- MEJD Studio slices traditional objects i…n half to create contemporary lighting
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- Movie: Peroni Collaborazioni Talk with F…ormafantasma part 1
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories