A ring round the handle slides down over the flexible nylon strands to hold them together and form a hook at one end.
Ding3000 have previously designed cutlery that clips together to form little sculptures and a device for measuring spaghetti.
Here are some more details from Normann Copenhagen:
Collapsible and space-saving
The German design trio Ding3000 has created a whisk for Normann Copenhagen that is sculpturesque, space-saving and functional all at the same time. Beater can be folded together, saving space in the kitchen drawer or on the wall.
Beater is inspired by a pack of straws and is gathered in the middle using a ring that functions as both an opening and closing mechanism and a hanging fixture. An everyday product with a creative and space-saving design, Beater comes in eight stunning colours.
Ding3000 explains: “We are driven by the romantic notion that a designer invents products aimed at making the world a better place. Our whisk is simple and sculpturesque in form and function and we have made it as space-saving as possible without compromising on the design.”
Beater comes in white, grey, light blue, nude, lavender, pink, mint and dark blue.
- Minimal Nativity Set made of plain woo…den blocks by Emilie Voirin
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos …Santos
- Mini Golf Club by La Bolleur
- Reveal by Studiomama
- Beautiful Planets by Béatrix Li-Chin …Loos at Galerie Gosserez
- Revolving Chandelier by Bertjan Pot
- Luca Nichetto and Lera Moiseeva create… ceramic tableware for shared meals
- Ola Rune at Qubique 2011
- Gijs Bakker shows Shotgun Saloon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories