A ring round the handle slides down over the flexible nylon strands to hold them together and form a hook at one end.
Ding3000 have previously designed cutlery that clips together to form little sculptures and a device for measuring spaghetti.
Here are some more details from Normann Copenhagen:
Collapsible and space-saving
The German design trio Ding3000 has created a whisk for Normann Copenhagen that is sculpturesque, space-saving and functional all at the same time. Beater can be folded together, saving space in the kitchen drawer or on the wall.
Beater is inspired by a pack of straws and is gathered in the middle using a ring that functions as both an opening and closing mechanism and a hanging fixture. An everyday product with a creative and space-saving design, Beater comes in eight stunning colours.
Ding3000 explains: “We are driven by the romantic notion that a designer invents products aimed at making the world a better place. Our whisk is simple and sculpturesque in form and function and we have made it as space-saving as possible without compromising on the design.”
Beater comes in white, grey, light blue, nude, lavender, pink, mint and dark blue.
- California Pastoral by Jeremy Quinn
- Iconograph by Werner Aisslinger in new c…olours at Dezeen Watch Store
- Food Probe by Philips Design
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 5
- Monica Förster creates outdoor candle h…olders from synthetic stone slabs
- Series Three and Soft Series by Another …Country
- Austerity edible furniture by Lanzavecch…ia + Wai
- France away kit by Nike
- Frost by Mars
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories