A ring round the handle slides down over the flexible nylon strands to hold them together and form a hook at one end.
Ding3000 have previously designed cutlery that clips together to form little sculptures and a device for measuring spaghetti.
Here are some more details from Normann Copenhagen:
Collapsible and space-saving
The German design trio Ding3000 has created a whisk for Normann Copenhagen that is sculpturesque, space-saving and functional all at the same time. Beater can be folded together, saving space in the kitchen drawer or on the wall.
Beater is inspired by a pack of straws and is gathered in the middle using a ring that functions as both an opening and closing mechanism and a hanging fixture. An everyday product with a creative and space-saving design, Beater comes in eight stunning colours.
Ding3000 explains: “We are driven by the romantic notion that a designer invents products aimed at making the world a better place. Our whisk is simple and sculpturesque in form and function and we have made it as space-saving as possible without compromising on the design.”
Beater comes in white, grey, light blue, nude, lavender, pink, mint and dark blue.
- Miito by Nils Chudy is an energy-saving …alternative to the kettle
- Fabrica researchers explore temperature …theme for sensory installation in Milan
- Coral chair by Ton Haas
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: The Toaster Projec…t by Thomas Thwaites
- Invert Footwear by Elisa van Joolen
- Nadia furniture by Jin Kuramoto made usi…ng Japanese shipbuilding techniques
- Six of the best electric and hybrid car …designs from the Geneva Motor Show
- Binaudios by Dominic Wilcox encourage us…ers to "listen to the city"
- TZOA wearable environment tracker measur…es UV and air pollution
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories