Seoul studio Cloud and Co have designed this discrete bottle-shaped desktop humidifier.
The Bottle Humidifier has a retractable UBS charging cable and holds up to half a litre of water in its glass base, working for 13 hours per fill.
It's made of antibacterial plastic and wil go on sale with Elevenplus in Japan this summer.
Here are some more details from the designer:
In Asia, the market for humidifiers is enormous, thus it is very easy to find a variety of humidifiers for sale. However, discovering one that is aesthetically pleasing is difficult. When the context of the humidifier as a product is considered – an object that sits on your desk or table for long periods of time – it is clear that design needs to be more considered.
The bottle humidifier is designed by Seoul based cloudandco, a design studio founded by Yeongkyu Yoo. The design of the bottle humidifier is simple and modern. Even when the product is not in operation, it’s design allows it to integrate into almost any environment. It is at once a functional product and art object. The integrated USB power cable is retractable, and also designed to compliment the form of the object.
The plastic exterior shell, with its matte white finish, is antibacterial, and the thick glass bottom is a perfect combination of form and function, as it allows the user to see the water level inside. The humidifier will be available in Japan this July by Elevenplus.
- 1/2 lt water capacity
- 13 hour life span per fill
- measures 22 cm x 8.7 cm
- weighs less than 500g
- uses USB port or 110-220 V
- uses anti-bacterial filter
- made of anti-bacterial resin
Creative Director: Yeongkyu Yoo
Designers: Youngduk Song, Sunman Kwon, Sungmin Kim
- Matka Vases by Pepe Heykoop
- "I work best in a new field or culture" …- Hella Jongerius
- Seven Designers for Seven Dials audio gu…ide
- Workstead bolts together metal rods to f…orm lighting for Another Country
- Lamps by Nao Tamura, Zaha Hadid and John… Pawson feature in Wonderglass movie
- Soft Light by Simon Frambach
- Bacteria produces textiles for Skin body… adornments by Sammy Jobbins Wells
- Scholten & Baijings carves geometric pat…terns into marble table collection
- Bouroullecs to present coloured glass fu…rniture range in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories