Seoul studio Cloud and Co have designed this discrete bottle-shaped desktop humidifier.
The Bottle Humidifier has a retractable UBS charging cable and holds up to half a litre of water in its glass base, working for 13 hours per fill.
It's made of antibacterial plastic and wil go on sale with Elevenplus in Japan this summer.
Here are some more details from the designer:
In Asia, the market for humidifiers is enormous, thus it is very easy to find a variety of humidifiers for sale. However, discovering one that is aesthetically pleasing is difficult. When the context of the humidifier as a product is considered – an object that sits on your desk or table for long periods of time – it is clear that design needs to be more considered.
The bottle humidifier is designed by Seoul based cloudandco, a design studio founded by Yeongkyu Yoo. The design of the bottle humidifier is simple and modern. Even when the product is not in operation, it’s design allows it to integrate into almost any environment. It is at once a functional product and art object. The integrated USB power cable is retractable, and also designed to compliment the form of the object.
The plastic exterior shell, with its matte white finish, is antibacterial, and the thick glass bottom is a perfect combination of form and function, as it allows the user to see the water level inside. The humidifier will be available in Japan this July by Elevenplus.
- 1/2 lt water capacity
- 13 hour life span per fill
- measures 22 cm x 8.7 cm
- weighs less than 500g
- uses USB port or 110-220 V
- uses anti-bacterial filter
- made of anti-bacterial resin
Creative Director: Yeongkyu Yoo
Designers: Youngduk Song, Sunman Kwon, Sungmin Kim
- Cube 6 by Naho Matsuno
- CT09 Enoki side tables by Philipp Mainze…r for e15
- Tableware by Jochem de Wit at DMY Berlin
- Parametric Space by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 2
- Front for Moroso
- Foliage by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell
- Till Wiedeck designs multi-level display… stands for COS
- The Wool Parade by Doshi Levien for Kvad…rat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories