Seoul studio Cloud and Co have designed this discrete bottle-shaped desktop humidifier.
The Bottle Humidifier has a retractable UBS charging cable and holds up to half a litre of water in its glass base, working for 13 hours per fill.
It's made of antibacterial plastic and wil go on sale with Elevenplus in Japan this summer.
Here are some more details from the designer:
In Asia, the market for humidifiers is enormous, thus it is very easy to find a variety of humidifiers for sale. However, discovering one that is aesthetically pleasing is difficult. When the context of the humidifier as a product is considered – an object that sits on your desk or table for long periods of time – it is clear that design needs to be more considered.
The bottle humidifier is designed by Seoul based cloudandco, a design studio founded by Yeongkyu Yoo. The design of the bottle humidifier is simple and modern. Even when the product is not in operation, it’s design allows it to integrate into almost any environment. It is at once a functional product and art object. The integrated USB power cable is retractable, and also designed to compliment the form of the object.
The plastic exterior shell, with its matte white finish, is antibacterial, and the thick glass bottom is a perfect combination of form and function, as it allows the user to see the water level inside. The humidifier will be available in Japan this July by Elevenplus.
- 1/2 lt water capacity
- 13 hour life span per fill
- measures 22 cm x 8.7 cm
- weighs less than 500g
- uses USB port or 110-220 V
- uses anti-bacterial filter
- made of anti-bacterial resin
Creative Director: Yeongkyu Yoo
Designers: Youngduk Song, Sunman Kwon, Sungmin Kim
- Joints by Nathan Wierink
- Designers Lucy.D rethink "kitsch" Vienne…se cakes for historic Café Landtmann
- Shelframe by Bahbak Hashemi-Nezhad
- Joost van Bleiswijk assembles industrial… components into furniture pieces
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel
- Olafur Eliasson's immersive light instal…lations inhabit Gehry's Fondation Louis Vuitton
- Slip-cast link light by Sarah Moucher
- New VOID finishes at Dezeen Watch Store
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Gwenael… Nicolas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories