Dezeen Platform: this next instalment in our series of interviews with exhibitors at Dezeen Platform features London-based Canadian designer Philippe Malouin, who showed his modular bowls made of waxed concrete at Dezeen Space last autumn.
Malouin cast the bowls in response to the fictional character of Vera, who was presented to a group of designers by curators Kirsty Minns and Érika Muller in the form of a photograph after they discovered a box of old photos in a junk shop. Read more about the project here.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer used a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space.
- TwentyTwo by Jaime Hayón for Ceccotti
- Matilda Beckman makes furniture out of… "really gross" dust
- Crush and NoVolume by Coordination
- Swing Table by Duffy London
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Garet…h Pugh
- Butter Chair by DesignByThem
- In Flakes by Mount Fuji Architects Stu…dio
- Benjamin Hubert's WW Carafe features a… steel aerator to improve wine's flavour
- Famous buildings become abstract block…s of colour in Federico Babina's Archishape series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories