The Gravity candle holder uses the same process as van der Wiel's stools that he showcased at Dezeen Platform in September and which went on to win the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in January.
Iron filings are mixed with resin and colouring, then drawn up out of the mixing bowl by magnets.
Photographs are by Peter Lipton.
- Good Vibrations by Ferruccio Laviani for… Fratelli Boffi
- "Ikea works in a very different way to e…veryone else" says head of design
- VOID at Interiors UK
- 50by70 by Tim Fishlock for Habitat
- WOOD by Ten
- Fetishism in Fashion at MoBA 2013
- RIBA Regent Street Windows Project 2014 …returns with 15 new installations
- Duo by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
- R18 Ultra Chair by Clemens Weisshaar and… Reed Kram
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories