The Gravity candle holder uses the same process as van der Wiel's stools that he showcased at Dezeen Platform in September and which went on to win the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in January.
Iron filings are mixed with resin and colouring, then drawn up out of the mixing bowl by magnets.
Photographs are by Peter Lipton.
- Dezeen Screen: Moody Couch by Hanna Emel…ie Ernsting
- Andrew Cheng designs Chopsticks side tab…les with skinny legs
- Sit lamp by Fiona Thomson
- Musical Chairs by Bobby Petersen
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at the… V&A
- Chairless by Alejandro Aravena for Vitra
- Patterned plates decorated using a pendu…lum
- Ring by Hotzu River Cheng at Show RCA 20…12
- Kaide-taide by Company
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories