The Gravity candle holder uses the same process as van der Wiel's stools that he showcased at Dezeen Platform in September and which went on to win the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in January.
Iron filings are mixed with resin and colouring, then drawn up out of the mixing bowl by magnets.
Photographs are by Peter Lipton.
- Primary Cabinet by Peter Jakubik
- Formstelle designs Lounge Chair 808 for …Thonet with "wave effect" upholstery
- Nature Intérieure by Matali Crasset
- Boomerang Wok by Nikolaï Carels for Roy…al VKB
- YO by Victor Vetterlein
- Genetically engineered crops could grow …lace amongst their roots
- Maison Martin Margiela launches first wa…llpaper collections for Omexco
- Connected pedal protects bicycles from t…heft
- New watches by Denis Guidone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories