The Gravity candle holder uses the same process as van der Wiel's stools that he showcased at Dezeen Platform in September and which went on to win the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in January.
Iron filings are mixed with resin and colouring, then drawn up out of the mixing bowl by magnets.
Photographs are by Peter Lipton.
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republ…ic of Fritz Hansen
- Hack Chair by Ronen Kadushin
- Bathing Beauties
- Ford's night-vision lighting system wa…rns drivers of unseen pedestrians, cyclists and animals
- Litho by Thibault Desombre for Ligne R…oset
- Grandmateria at Gallery Libby Sellers
- Kickstarter record-breaking Pebble sma…rtwatch goes into production
- Claesson Koivisto Rune's Gate sofa pro…vides public charging points
- Shop&Show by Tracey Neuls
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories