The Gravity candle holder uses the same process as van der Wiel's stools that he showcased at Dezeen Platform in September and which went on to win the [D3] Contest for young designers at imm cologne in January.
Iron filings are mixed with resin and colouring, then drawn up out of the mixing bowl by magnets.
Photographs are by Peter Lipton.
- SCP Autumn/Winter collection 2013
- Doshi Levien for Moroso
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- WOOD by Ten
- Prototype Triangle Numéro 1 wooden T-sh…irt by Pauline Marcombe
- Plastiki Expedition boat by Exploration …Architecture for Adventure Ecology
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- L’arbre de Flonville by Oloom & Samuel… Wilkinson
- Bridal Veil installation by Louis Sicard… creates a curtain of water through the forest
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories