Bids can be made by following this link from now until Saturday 17 March.
Maggie's Centres for cancer care have opened up across the UK in recent years - see some of them here.
Here's some more information about the auction from Maggie's:
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to win a one of a kind architectural model of the OMA-designed Maggie’s Centre at Gartnavel Hospital in Glasgow. The model has been created by OMA and is signed by Pritzker Prize winning architect Rem Koolhaas.
The 3D model, made from printed polymer and sitting on an oak wood base, is displayed in a 31 x 31 x 14 cm acrylic perspex showcase and comes with a customised transport crate. Scale: 1:200.
Maggie’s Glasgow Gartnavel is OMA’s first completed work in the UK since the Serpentine Pavilion in 2006 and is located in the grounds of the Gartnavel Hospital in Glasgow. The centre is a single-level building in the form of interlocking rooms surrounding an internal, landscaped courtyard. The centre opened in October 2011 and has earned OMA a nomination for a 2012 Design Award, “the Oscars of the design world,” in the Architecture category.
All proceeds from the sale of this unique model will go to Maggie’s Centres, an organisation that creates places providing the emotional, practical and social support that people with cancer need.
The online auction runs from 10am, Friday 17 February to midnight, Saturday 17 March 2012.
- Maiden Tower by Marte.Marte Architects
- Pazo dos Deportes de Arteixo byJosé Ram…ón Garitaonaindía de Vera
- Pabellon Ultraligero Centrifugo by Clave…l Arquitectos
- Ben Ami House by Shilo Benaroya
- Celluloid Jam by Norisada Maeda Atelier
- Parisian sports hall by Ateliers O-S Arc…hitectes with bands of light on its walls
- Ordos Hilton Hotel by VMX Architects
- Farnan Findlay's beachside Clovelly Hous…e designed to "look better in 20 years"
- Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum by Zaha …Hadid Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories