Dezeen Wire: to celebrate the launch of their second book, entitled Design Like You Give a Damn 2, non-profit organisation Architecture for Humanity are calling for ideas to improve London, to be sent on a postcard for exhibition at the book launch from 3 to 9 May at 54 Rivington Street London EC2 A3QN.
Here are some more details from Architecture for Humanity:
To celebrate the publication of Design Like You Give a Damn 2, by Architecture for Humanity founder Cameron Sinclair, we are inviting architects, designers, artists, students and other creative individuals to come up with a proposal for a small scale project, product or build that embodies the spirit of humanitarian design.
Architecture for Humanity London and Studio 54 Architecture are co-hosting a week long event on the theme of designing ‘like you give a damn’. We’re calling for ideas that will in some way improve the London experience.
It could be an idea for a public space installation, a community enterprise, an eco building, an ingenious object, or anything that demonstrates how design can be used to make Londoner’s lives better and happier.
So ideas on a postcard, please. All entries will be exhibited. Visitors can vote on their favourite. We will choose a few ideas to take to the next step.
The proposal can be text, a sketch or other visual representation. Think of an idea that could benefit London. Be bold. Be adventurous. Think big. Or small.
Submissions should be made using the A5 postcard template below. Alternatively, you can download the postcard template from ideasonapostcard.org.uk. Please print on 200 gsm card or heavier stock or mount onto card (not foamboard). If you would prefer to use a pre-printed blank card contact us at the email below.
Don’t forget to include the project title, and your name and details and post to:
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2 A3QN
Deadline: 15th April 2012
For further information please email us at: email@example.com
- Herzog & de Meuron is "deconstructing st…upid architecture" in Miami
- Nestlé Application Group Querétaro by …Rojkind Arquitectos
- Restaurant Castillito by Mathias Klotz a…nd Lillian Allen
- Penda's modular bamboo hotel could be ex…panded horizontally and vertically
- The Shed at the National Theatre by Hawo…rth Tompkins
- House Bernheimbeuk by Architecten De Vyl…der Vinck Taillieu
- "Serene" concrete pavilion marks the ent…rance to a First World War cemetery
- Neri&Hu's architecture "challenges the a…ccepted values of society"
- The Delhi Art Gallery by Morphogenesis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories