A wooden bridge connects the building’s top floor with a balcony that cantilevers through this grey-painted wall.
A recessed door underneath the balcony leads through to an entrance courtyard behind, where the base of the chimney is revealed to be an outdoor fireplace and barbeque.
Inside the house, polished concrete stairs connect the two upper floors with the basement, while bricks walls are painted in the same colour as the facade.
You can see more projects in Israel by clicking here.
Photography is by Elad Sarig.
Here's some text from the architects:
260sq m modern minimalist house is located in the unlikely setting of the rural town of even Yehuda, 20 minutes drive from Tel Aviv.
The concept for the house was inspired by the work of minimalist artist Walter De Maria- Gothic Shaped Drawing that's is showing a basic one line 2 dimensional shape of a house, almost as is drawn by a child.
A tall brick painted wall in a traditional shape of a house, together with an attached outdoor chimney, provide the needed privacy the clients requested towards the front, and contrasting with the rear of the house which is made completely of glass and is open to the back – facing north.
A floating open bridge/balcony on the first floor also acts as a canopy for the main entrance underneath and leads visitors through a long gap in the external wall to the main entrance of the house.
The house is on 3 floors: Basement with a shelter, a cinema and a play room, ground floor with a lounge, kitchen, and a tv room, first floor with a main bedroom suit, children rooms and work areas.
Architects- Sharon Neuman and Oded Stern-Meiraz
Built area 260 Sqm
Located in Even Yehuda, Israel
- University Library of the University of …Amsterdam by Studio Roelof Mulder and Bureau Ira Koers
- 3D printed houses are "not that far off"
- PL House by Fernando Maculan and Pedro M…orais
- Chapel of Rest in Graz by Hofrichter-Rit…ter Architekten
- Home of Charles Dickens illustrator conv…erted by Sevil Peach into an artist's studio
- Nest by UID Architects
- B House in Shimasaki by Anderson Anderso…n Architecture
- Aptos Retreat by CCS Architecture
- Casa 103 by Marlene Uldschmidt Architect…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories