In this movie filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their symposium Me Craft/You Industry in January, Welsh designer Kieren Jones explains how he constructed a miniature factory to transform the uneaten parts of a chicken into a gold leather flying jacket and a bone china eggcup and spoon.
The skin of the chicken was tanned and dyed gold to make the leather panels for the jacket, while the eggcup and spoon were created using the leftover bones.
- Chulha by Philips Design
- United Nude's Float shoes are created on… a desktop 3D printer
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb Tr…afalgar Square installation
- Line, Weave and Hollow by Chicako Ibarak…i
- David Adjaye shows Washington Collection… for Knoll in new colours
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- "I brought bird cages back to the Seven …Dials area" - Dominic Wilcox
- Boundaries between analogue and digital …tools "are becoming irrelevant"
- The Somerset House Book Stall System by …Fotis Evans
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories