In this movie filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their symposium Me Craft/You Industry in January, Welsh designer Kieren Jones explains how he constructed a miniature factory to transform the uneaten parts of a chicken into a gold leather flying jacket and a bone china eggcup and spoon.
The skin of the chicken was tanned and dyed gold to make the leather panels for the jacket, while the eggcup and spoon were created using the leftover bones.
- Tenspace by WOW
- AMO designs pop-up Miu Miu Club for fa…shion event in Paris
- Sire by Aekae and Swisshorn
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a …wooden spoon every day for a year
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy t…ables
- Technology and design: our digitally e…nabled future
- UNA wine bottles by Cibicworkshop
- Primal Skin makeup collection designed… for men by Annemiek van der Beek
- Campana brothers bring "nature indoors…" with bristly installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories