In this movie filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their symposium Me Craft/You Industry in January, Welsh designer Kieren Jones explains how he constructed a miniature factory to transform the uneaten parts of a chicken into a gold leather flying jacket and a bone china eggcup and spoon.
The skin of the chicken was tanned and dyed gold to make the leather panels for the jacket, while the eggcup and spoon were created using the leftover bones.
- Too Beautiful To Be True by Meike Harde
- Dramprom by Roger Arquer
- Urban Adapter by Rocker-Lange Architects
- Mass customisation "can be the future of… fashion," says Knyttan co-founder
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Drapery vases by Kruskopf and Kuisma
- Movie: Nike Zoom Superfly R4
- iFlash One by KiBiSi
- Slideshow feature: Clerkenwell Design We…ek 2012
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories