In this movie filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their symposium Me Craft/You Industry in January, Welsh designer Kieren Jones explains how he constructed a miniature factory to transform the uneaten parts of a chicken into a gold leather flying jacket and a bone china eggcup and spoon.
The skin of the chicken was tanned and dyed gold to make the leather panels for the jacket, while the eggcup and spoon were created using the leftover bones.
- Glass Elephant installation at Stockholm… Design Week
- JamesPlumb "marries" antique cupboard an…d staircase for Milan exhibition
- Fornasetti II Collection for Cole & Son
- Paul Cocksedge at Trussardi
- INDEX: Award winners 2011
- Lite by Animal Farm
- Design With Conscience at Vivid Gallery
- Impossible Technology's electric bicycle… folds away into a backpack
- Marina Bautier at Salone Satellite
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories