Note Design Studio of Stockholm were inspired by a circus trapeze to create these pendent lamps with aluminium shades that appear to be draped over a wooden pole.
Designed for Swedish brand Zero, the Trapets in fact have a wooden knob attached to either end of their shades.
They house low-energy tube lights and come in two lengths.
Photos are by Mathias Nero.
Here's a little bit of text from the designers:
Toulouse 1859 — a young daredevil swings through the air on a wooden bar fastened to two ropes above his father’s swimming pool. That year, the curious hobby was first shown at the Cirque Napoleon in Paris, and the success was clear: the art of the trapeze was born.
Some 160 years later, Note Design Studios’ Trapets was born, with a shape born from the classic circus device. Here, the fitting’s shade rests lithely over the trapeze, spreading a pleasant light over the work station.
Trapets is equipped with T5 Eco and is available in two lengths 1400 mm and 1700 mm.
Dimensions: 1700, 1400 mm
Material: Aluminium, microprism, wooden knobs.
- Design Academy Eindhoven Graduation Gall…eries 2008
- Teenyweenykins by Kaley Woods
- The Battle of Trafalgar by Jaime Hayón
- Plastic table by Tokujin Yoshioka for Ka…rtell sparkles like crystal glass
- Dutch designers collaborate for Low Mot…ion exhibition
- Water Light Graffiti by Antonin Forneau …for DigitalArti Artlab
- Emeco launches new collection in Milan d…esigned by Jasper Morrison
- Clamp Desk by Paul Coudamy & Benoit Coul…ondres
- Straight Chair and Splay Table by George… Nakashima for Knoll
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories