Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Ross Lovegrove for KEF 2
- Vegetal by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Office Pets by Hella Jongerius
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Campana Brother…s
- Objects in Disguise by Tove Thambert
- Man-made marble by Max Lamb used to crea…te camouflaged furniture installation
- Playing with Tradition by Richard Hutten
- Oscar Medley-Whitfield and Harry Trimble… at Designers in Residence 2012
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden colu…mns on a Venetian island
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories