Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Dyson Airblade Tap by Dyson
- Mutation by Maarten De Ceulaer
- London 2012 Olympic street art by Banksy
- V&A's What is Luxury? exhibition questio…ns the value of objects
- Heavy Metal at the Woodstock Foundry
- Rough Diamond collection by Lee Broom
- GE WattStation by fuseproject
- Lavitta collection by Poiat Products
- Superyachts by Zaha Hadid for Blohm+Voss
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories