Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Group Project by Itay Ohaly
- Stuart Shave Modern Art gallery by David… Kohn Architects
- Heimlicht by Leoni Werle
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- Kaki side tables by Kenyon Yeh
- Sit lamp by Fiona Thomson
- Studio Glithero at Nilufar gallery
- Top Ten at the British Council in Milan
- Trees for Lycée Germaine Tillon by Mata…li Crasset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories