Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Rugs in Plaça de la Virreina by Nanimar…quina
- Helmut Smits' The Real Thing turns Coca-…Cola back into water
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- "These products don't look like they've …been made by people living on the street" - Pepe Heykoop
- Alex Chinneck performs architectural "ma…gic trick" with Covent Garden building installation
- Rocker by Doshi Levien for Richard Lampe…rt
- Heart Chair by Claesson Koivisto Rune fo…r David Design
- Dream music video by Cauboyz
- Fabrica researchers create electronic mu…sical instrument from stones and wood
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories