Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- 360° Family by Konstantin Grcic for Mag…is
- Diffusion Vessels by David Sutton
- Torsten Sherwood's new construction toy …"takes great inspiration from Lego"
- Bisazza to show Hayón and Job in Milan
- Twin Bench by Andrea Rekalidis
- Ora by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Watch Sto…re
- Kitchenware by Ole Jensen for Room Copen…hagen
- Rocky by Marc Newson for Magis
- Village by Jasper Morrison for Kettal
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories