Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Sine Cabinet by Dik Scheepers
- Eveline Visser at My Way talks
- Design London contemporary design fair
- Noir Collection by Barnaby Barford
- Wearable technology will "transform th…e doctor-patient relationship"
- WasteLandscape by Elise Morin and Clé…mence Eliard
- Any Kinda Tape measure by Sunghoon Jun…g
- Maarten Baas at Contrasts Gallery
- Squeezophone 360 by Claudio Colucci
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories