Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Haze Series in white, grey and navy by W…onmin Park
- Undulating sleeves create "optical effec…t" in Katherine Roberts-Wood's fashion collection
- Tech firm proposes using OLED screens to… make aircraft cabins appear see-through
- Irish studios collaborate on designs for… Milan exhibition
- Wellcome Trust window display by Paul Co…cksedge
- NeoLithic by Matthias Kaeding
- Spool Chair by Keisuke Fujiwara
- Layered fabric chair by Richard Hutten t…o launch in Milan
- XO-3 by fuseproject
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories