Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- "We didn't want to take over the neigh…bourhood" - Philippe Malouin
- State of Things by Klubben
- Mini by Designerette
- The Longest Bench by Studio Weave
- Interview: Joseph Grima at Dezeen Stud…io
- Delicious by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Point and Dot by David Taylor at 20 De…signers at Biologiska
- Christian Boer designs typeface for re…aders with dyslexia
- Glowing orbs cupped in wire baskets to… form pendant lamps
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories