Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Iris van Herpen exhibition at the Intern…ational Centre for Lace and Fashion
- Mutation by Ora-Ïto for Citroën
- "Our shoes were the first to cross betwe…en industrial design and fashion" - Rem D Koolhaas
- TAF imagines an impossible house with po…sters for Paper Collective
- Bikers Rest by Marcus Abrahamsson for No…la
- Body Paintingby Tenas
- Biomass by Ahhaproject
- Pizza Perez by Francesco Moncada
- Paper Space by Studio Glowacka and Maria… Fulford Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories