Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Dezeen's photos from Beijing Design Week… on Facebook
- King Edison pendant lamp by Young & Batt…aglia for Mineheart
- David Wiseman at R 20th Century
- René Barba creates lollipop-shaped lamp… from paper-like fabric for Ligne Roset
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at the… V&A
- Zieharsofika upholstery by Meike Harde
- Traditional Windsor chair updated by Mik…ko Hannula
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with ho…ney-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- Dolls by Alexa Lixfeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories