Dezeen Screen: beware of getting excited or embarrassed when wearing one of these dresses, as an increased heart rate will cause it to become transparent.
Created by Dutch designers Studio Roosegaarde and Anouk Wipprecht, the clothing is made from leather and electrically-sensitive foils that become opaque or transparent according to alterations in voltage.
The Intimacy 2.0 garments are a follow-up to the first collection of Intimacy dresses, which become see-through when approached.
Here's a couple of extra details from the designers:
INTIMACY 2.0 features Studio Roosegaarde’s new, wearable dresses composed of leather and smart e-foils which are perfect to wear on the red carpet.
In response to the heartbeat of each person, INTIMACY 2.0 becomes more or less transparent.
Artists: Studio Roosegaarde with Anouk Wipprecht
Client: Self Commissioned
Materials: Smart foil and wearable technology
- Studio Fink covers Italian art museum co…urtyard with brightly coloured astroturf
- Sarah Lucas uses concrete breeze blocks …to create first furniture range
- Studio 7.5 designs foam "hackable" offic…e system for Herman Miller
- Issey Miyake's focus is "being innovativ…e with technology" says head of womenswear
- Everyday Special by Mr Jones Watches
- Designed in Hackney: Offset by Tomás Al…onso
- Tales of the Hunt: Johannes Hemann
- Interview with Hussein Chalayan
- Unexpected Welcome at Moooi London
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories