Modelled here by gerbils, the traps make small modifications to household objects like a pint glass, bottle or plant pot using springs, wing-nuts and paperclips.
They're now in production with Thorsten Van Elten, who’s based in neighbouring Tower Hamlets.
See all our stories about Arquer's work here, including a set of adapted fish bowls that were also very popular with our readers. We filmed this interview with Arquer last autumn when he took part in Dezeen Platform at Dezeen Space.
Like Dezeen, Arquer's studio is in Stoke Newington.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Memories of the Future by Carl de Smet
- Noah lighting by Bethan Gray for John Le…wis
- Matali Crasset's Self-made Seat is a sof…a made from modules that can be carried like suitcases
- "He had a volcanic imagination" - Barnab…a Fornasetti on Piero Fornasetti
- MU Cutlery by Toyo Ito for Alessi
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- Ostrich Pillow Mini by Studio Banana Thi…ngs enables napping on the go
- Lighting installation by Robert Stadler …during Nuit Blanche in Paris
- Star System by Enrico Buscemi and Piergi…orgio Leone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories