Modelled here by gerbils, the traps make small modifications to household objects like a pint glass, bottle or plant pot using springs, wing-nuts and paperclips.
They're now in production with Thorsten Van Elten, who’s based in neighbouring Tower Hamlets.
See all our stories about Arquer's work here, including a set of adapted fish bowls that were also very popular with our readers. We filmed this interview with Arquer last autumn when he took part in Dezeen Platform at Dezeen Space.
Like Dezeen, Arquer's studio is in Stoke Newington.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- "Software is now an integral part of a p…hysical object" – Clemens Weisshaar at Dezeen Live
- Sabi previews bathroom accessories range… by Barber and Osgerby's MAP
- Ghost-like Architecture by Shingo Masuda… and Katsuhisa Otsubo Architects
- KAPKAR / BB-N34 by Frank Havermans
- Campanas design Camper store in Berlin
- The Regional Blanket by Vík Prjónsdót…tir
- Flat Mirrors by Big-Game
- Resident adds spherical and perforated p…endants to its lighting range
- Designed in Hackney: Pigeon Light by Ed …Carpenter
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories