Modelled here by gerbils, the traps make small modifications to household objects like a pint glass, bottle or plant pot using springs, wing-nuts and paperclips.
They're now in production with Thorsten Van Elten, who’s based in neighbouring Tower Hamlets.
See all our stories about Arquer's work here, including a set of adapted fish bowls that were also very popular with our readers. We filmed this interview with Arquer last autumn when he took part in Dezeen Platform at Dezeen Space.
Like Dezeen, Arquer's studio is in Stoke Newington.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Dezeen's top 10 gadgets of 2014
- Bullet Collection by Studio Itai Bar-On …and Oded Webman
- Storyboard by Jan Van Hoof
- Runaway lamp by Nika Zupanc
- Pininfarina fuses 1930s style with moder…n technology to produce bespoke bicycle
- Airfix-style model kits by Robert Cooper… are made from chocolate and wafer
- N-Light Membrane by Numen/For Use contai…ns an infinite grid of light
- VOID V03 available in two new colours at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Fungi Lamp by Andreas Kowalewski
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories